Author Topic: LTR - Kevin Brantner  (Read 3106 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LTR - Kevin Brantner
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:39:13 PM »
This is definitely 1 of the toughest losses I have ever had. 5/31/2017 my youngest brother and Best Friend Kevin Brantner, passed away suddenly in the very early morning hours of a blood clot. He would have been 45 years old in August. It wasn't a complete surprise, as he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure some 8-10 yrs ago, but there were no immediate issues of late. Our interests mirrored each other, quite a bit, mechanical things from firearms to automobiles, we both loved to cook, watch the same movies and shows, loved to shoot and hunt. He worked in the Texas oilfields and as a finish carpenter, he had the widest knowledge of field expedient repairs, I have ever seen! He was a railroad engineer when he got the news of the heart condition.  He was a godsend when I was in the hospital and nursing home for 15 months, he helped my wife through it and provided income for her by selling my firearms and heavy machine tools at really good profit, and even managed to save a few of my favorites when I beat the odds and made it back home. He made good use of my gunsmith tools and parts (with my blessing) doing gunsmith work for a local gunstore and had built a good reputation for himself. We talked at least twice a week and he was always the 1st person I'd call with good news or just to bitch. He leaves behind a beautiful wife and two children and a lonely older brother. RIP Little brother. Little brother is a joke, even though he was 14 years younger than me, he was 6'1" 280lb, I'm 5'9" 200lb.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Timothy

Re: LTR - Kevin Brantner
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:37:52 AM »
My condolences, Ben..

God Bless!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:59:11 AM »
Benny I'm very sorry for your loss, my friend.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »
Condolences to you and his family.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 01:45:11 PM »
Sorry to hear this.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:09:11 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 02:27:13 PM »
My sincerest condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to you and family, Benny.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk