www.bluebone.net

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Recall
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »
I heard Micheal mention it on the Podcast.  I guess I need to send mine in.  On the plus side I will have another mag for it. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:06:56 AM »
I heard Micheal mention it on the Podcast.  I guess I need to send mine in.  On the plus side I will have another mag for it. 

You can call and check based on serial number.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
From Ruger's website recall FAQs - What serial numbers are affected?

Affected firearms have serial numbers beginning with "401" (2017 production) or "WBR" (2016 production). Mark IV™ and 22/45™ pistols outside of this serial number range are not affected. Mark IV™ or 22/45™ pistols with a serial number beginning with the number "5" were produced after June 1, 2017 and are not affected.

How can I tell if my Mark IV™ pistol has already been retrofitted?

Mark IV's within the affected serial number range that have the upgraded safety mechanism have been marked with the letter "S" located on the white safety dot that is visible when the safety is engaged. You can see a picture of a Mark IV™ marked with the "S" above.

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/markIVRecall/index.php
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:44 AM »
There is a web page that allows you to enter you serial Number and if it is subject to recall automatically takes you to another page to get your information.  It just so happens mine is one of those affected by the recall. 
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:15:54 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 02:36:48 PM »
There is a web page that allows you to enter you serial Number and if it is subject to recall automatically takes you to another page to get your information.  It just so happens mine is one of those affected by the recall.

That's halfway down the page I linked to above. I'm glad no one has been hurt because of the faulty parts.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk