Author Topic: Afraid  (Read 3070 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Afraid
« on: June 02, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »
The further we get into the DJT presidency the more fearful I am for our nation.  Step by step Pres. Trump is trying to reinstate our independence within the world, and both sides of the aisle are fighting him.

We are leaving the Paris Accord, and not only the media, but people and elected officials nationwide are having a meltdown.  What happened to free enterprise?  Today we have a president who understands this, but our nation has forgotten it.  Just because we left the Accord does not stop businesses from doing what they want to be greener.  Leaving the accord means that each business and each citizen can decide on their own what they wish to do on their own.

What will this shift in national opinion mean when we get to issues like personal responsibility (we already have an idea of this through health payment plans), personal property rights, Second Amendment issues, and freedom of choice (I don't mean abortion.  I am talking about school choice, freedom to worship, and freedom to associate just to name a few).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

Re: Afraid
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 07:38:17 AM »
Personal responsibility ?
That's racist white privilege .

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
 Hillary was the last coffin nail. It looks like President Trump is the pry bar and he is pulling those nails. The people that voted for him need to vote out the representatives that are trying to obstruct him.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 01:42:07 PM »
Don't hold your breath.
 Schools have been brain washing kids for 50 years for this moment.
 Either figure on a civil war with no restrictions or the left will stall everything until they can steal an election or stage another coup.
 Votes no longer mean squat and only a fool or blind man would trust in them.
Before any one argues with me I suggest they refresh their memory about "safe spaces" Berkley free speech, Harvard blacks only graduation, erasing Civil war history, and Trumps Muslim vetting, and sanctuary city rule, 2 items that helped get him elected .

Timothy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
Our HR department has its own "safe space" for these snowflakes!

We have a few millennial engineers and one of them (an Asian Indian) who didn't like a comment from one of the designers a few months back.  He went straight to the hotline and within a day, they guy was history.  Apparently he's got a history of this crap and he's only been here since January.  Every time I walk by his desk he's texting his girly...  Gettin' near 100K a year to text his girlfriend...and he don't eat meat...

Watch yer six in the workplace...

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:00:15 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 04:35:21 PM »
<snip>
Watch yer six in the workplace...

No kidding.  It's been like that since I can remember when working offshore in the 70's.  They were just letting women out...one "insensitive word" and that was it.  We also had our version of snowflakes...or what I think are snowflakes....know it alls who sucked butt with the boss and ratted out with truth or lies whatever it took.

I remember one in particular.  From what I heard, a few of the guys stopped for a few drinks and a few games of 8 Ball, then headed up the road.  They saw our little snowflake hitching a ride on the side of the road and...as I heard the story he wanted to get out a couple miles up the road and had a really hard time standing up...to much of evil alcohol I guess.  He never came back to work for some reason...he must have found a better job.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
I had to go thru sexual harassment training with all my guys.

we all gave great examples of what would be flat out sexual harassment...  we laughed, and then shook our heads at the stores that got people introuble in the past.

the best comment was 'just don't hire a women, and we are good"

I briefly worked for the state of California as a painter... while there I moved a female( can't call her a women) out of the way after asking her too move several dozen times that week, while was trying to work.  I did so by putting my hand on her shoulder and giving a light push about 1 foot too the side... she went straight too hr and said I sexually harassed her/ had no right too touch her.   told the story to the investagatior, we both laughed... he said you were 100% in the right and you should have bonked her in the head with the ladder I was carrying, but you still need to take this class.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »
Took sexual harassment training at a company once.  All I got out of it was a bloody tongue from trying not to blurt out all the things that had never come to mind previously.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »
I don't mean to brag or anything but I honestly believe I was the cause of the entire ODOT having to take SH training!  That and the fact that management wanted to screw me any way the could !  What amazed me was that they told us even if the person a comment was aimed at didn't object if another heard it and objected,  a person could be in trouble !  Also,  men could file SH charges but few did !
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk