Author Topic: Super Vel Ammo Is Back !  (Read 2266 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Super Vel Ammo Is Back !
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
https://www.supervelammunition.com/

For those of you old enough to have been shooting in the 70's, Super Vel Ammunition is back. They had a large following back then, as I'm sure they will now.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: Super Vel Ammo Is Back !
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:25:39 PM »
In that same vein I ran across Liberty Ammunition's Civil Defense rounds.  It has a copper fragmenting hollow point.  In the 9MM, which I have tried in several guns, it sports a 50 grain HP traveling at 2,000 FPS. 

It groups a little differently in some of the guns.  HOWEVER, my biggest benefit was in the LC9 I stuff in my pocket sometimes.  I would not have thought it, but the 50 grain bullets and lightweight case really took the weight off.  I really like it. 

I have not put the fragmenting round through gelatin or anything like that to verify it blows into itsy bitsy pieces.  I like the idea of a round that fragments so that a miss into a wall will go a long way to making it less lethal for anyone who may be on the other side.  The cases must be aluminum...really light.

I have some to try in the 10MM, 45 and 357.  I'll let you know how that goes.

I will say...one more time...lightening the carry piece was really nice.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/liberty-civil-defense-9mm-la-cd-9-014.html
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 10:48:25 PM »
I thought Triton ammo made Super Vel for a little while about 10-15 years ago but when I did a search they called theirs Hi-Vel. Triton's other ammo was the Quik-Shok hollow point that split into 3 pieces. I bought some of both and may still have some. No Super Vel though. They had a great reputation and I'm looking forward to reports on their new ammo.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 06:46:43 AM »
Quik Shok?  Is that the same stuff that is in the CCI 22 LR ammo now?  It's some wicked medicine for varmints.  I especially like the subsonic 22LR 40 grain that I use to keep squirrels out of the attic.  Then there is the 32 grain 22LR with the same velocity as Stingers...I have not used it on varmints yet but I suspect it will be positively devastating.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 12:20:23 PM »
I don't know if anyone else besides Triton made the Quik-Shok center-fire ammo or not. When I search for Triton ammo all I come up with is something about the .40 Super and brief mentions of Hi-Vel ammo. The .22 LR Quik-Shok ammo I bought was MPB brand before CCI bought them out. As far as I can figure out someone owned the Quik-Shok name and sold the rim-fire and center-fire rights to 2 different companies. The bullets split into 3 pieces on both the center-fire and the rim-fire.
http://www.ammo-one.com/22Box-Quik-Shok.html
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:39:57 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk