Poll

Comey is fired.  What do you think?

Good riddance.
5 (33.3%)
He was a bureaucratic weasel who lives in the swamp.  Who will miss him?
8 (53.3%)
He was a follower...not leader.  He plays the middle and has no principles.
1 (6.7%)
This is a travesty of justice.  I have a problem with critical thinking.
0 (0%)
He had a problem telling the truth.
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: C O M E Y - I S - F I R E D !  (Read 14404 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: C O M E Y - I S - F I R E D !
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 09:41:08 AM »
There was an episode of Magnum PI  which I remember because it spoke to this issue. 

The plot was that Magnum's friend who flew the helicopter was brainwashed while a POW in "Nam" and given a post hypnotic suggestion...it would cause him to arm his helicopter and shoot up a meeting room with VIPs where sitting.  Of course Magnum is able to stop him at the last moment..somehow. 

Doesn't matter how  possible all the above is...but what happens next is that Magnum is able to track down the bad guy who gave the hypnosis to Mag's friend and many other POWs.....some who had already acted on the suggest and killed folks.

Magnum confronted him out in the wilds of Hawaii someplace, had a gun pointed at him and the bad guy says something to the effect...there is no proof I did anything so I will not be convicted and you Americans are so crippled by following the law that you cannot shoot me and I can continue eliminating your people.

The final scene showed the pistol, a 1911, Magnum was pointing at the bad guy and I don't remember if it faded and we just heard the gun blast or if we saw the muzzle flash too..

In any case, the bad guy was dead out in the swamp some place....

In some cases, that one to me, principal outweighs the Law.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 11:06:08 AM »
My basic premise on the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians.

Liberals generally follow a End Justifies Means m.o.    They'll say anything to advance their cause.   After all they are the only righteous ones so whatever it takes.

Conservatives tend to follow a Means Justifies the End m.o.     Principles should be followed regardless of what we think the outcome should be.   If they are good sound principles then the outcome will follow.  No finagling required.

I am pretty much there, but clearly the "Means" change with the circumstances.  Which is what I believe we are saying from the conservative viewpoint.  Means never justify murder in our case....however a change in circumstances...the need for defense of your family's life for instance, would change homicide from murder to justified killing.  The means may be the same and the result may be the same but the reason for depriving life has a foundational justification.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 05:56:52 AM »
Ends justify means =  A worthy goal justifies all methods of achieving it.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 01:26:08 PM »
Ends justify means =  A worthy goal justifies all methods of achieving it.

I would not agree with that at all.

Feeding starving cats could be a worth goal, except in certain areas of Arizona, but killing the staff and customers of a pet store to get the food would not be justified.

Stealing food to feed a starving child might be justified assuming there was no practical way to obtain food legitimately...and provided the theft would not leave others to starve.  The father of the starving child might not care too much about what  happens to other's children so there is a perspective to consider....

Killing to obtain that food is likely not justified unless, say, that food is being forcibly withheld for illegitimate reasons, and there can't be too many legitimate reasons to do so, I'd guess.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »
No need to kill for food. Especially with Democrats. They'll just punch you out a EBT Card. Feast away.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:11:39 AM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »
You may be able to read in a lot to the "worthy" part of Tom's statement.  More common ground than not....

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 07:00:22 AM »
Lotta respect for the good Sheriff.  He's a no BS kinda guy with a singularly stiffened spine and a nicely developed attitude.

Crusader Rabbit

My support for Sheriff Clark deserves a re-think, I think.

http://theresurgent.com/sheriff-clarke-accused-of-plagiarizing-2013-thesis-paper/

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »
My support for Sheriff Clark deserves a re-think, I think.

http://theresurgent.com/sheriff-clarke-accused-of-plagiarizing-2013-thesis-paper/

Crusader Rabbit

Wait and see if there's any substance to it.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2017, 07:26:18 PM »
It didn't affect Uncle Joe Biden...why should Clark be any different?

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2017, 08:26:42 PM »
There was an episode of Magnum PI  which I remember because it spoke to this issue. 

The plot was that Magnum's friend who flew the helicopter was brainwashed while a POW in "Nam" and given a post hypnotic suggestion...it would cause him to arm his helicopter and shoot up a meeting room with VIPs where sitting.  Of course Magnum is able to stop him at the last moment..somehow. 

Doesn't matter how  possible all the above is...but what happens next is that Magnum is able to track down the bad guy who gave the hypnosis to Mag's friend and many other POWs.....some who had already acted on the suggest and killed folks.

Magnum confronted him out in the wilds of Hawaii someplace, had a gun pointed at him and the bad guy says something to the effect...there is no proof I did anything so I will not be convicted and you Americans are so crippled by following the law that you cannot shoot me and I can continue eliminating your people.

The final scene showed the pistol, a 1911, Magnum was pointing at the bad guy and I don't remember if it faded and we just heard the gun blast or if we saw the muzzle flash too..

In any case, the bad guy was dead out in the swamp some place....

In some cases, that one to me, principal outweighs the Law.

My favorite episode, I might point out.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk