Poll

Comey is fired.  What do you think?

Good riddance.
5 (33.3%)
He was a bureaucratic weasel who lives in the swamp.  Who will miss him?
8 (53.3%)
He was a follower...not leader.  He plays the middle and has no principles.
1 (6.7%)
This is a travesty of justice.  I have a problem with critical thinking.
0 (0%)
He had a problem telling the truth.
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: C O M E Y - I S - F I R E D !  (Read 14344 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: C O M E Y - I S - F I R E D !
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 10:20:59 AM »
What's funny is Trump fired him, and the liberals what him impeached over it. If Hillary had won and fired him, she'd be getting accolades from them.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
Maxine Waters literally said that Trump should be impeached for firing Comey, but she would have approved of Hillary canning him.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 07:29:58 PM »
what I find funny is these are the same ones that wanted him fired after he made his statements a week before the election.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 06:10:18 AM »
what I find funny is these are the same ones that wanted him fired after he made his statements a week before the election.

The EXACT same Democrats completely reversed their positions.
They don't actually have positions beyond opposing anything Trump does.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
My basic premise on the difference between liberals and conservatives/libertarians.

Liberals generally follow a End Justifies Means m.o.    They'll say anything to advance their cause.   After all they are the only righteous ones so whatever it takes.

Conservatives tend to follow a Means Justifies the End m.o.     Principles should be followed regardless of what we think the outcome should be.   If they are good sound principles then the outcome will follow.  No finagling required.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:28:43 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 02:58:41 PM »
It's a flawed idea as proven by 8 years of Obama, a Hillary campaign, and about 5000 years of war.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
The only, "End That Justifies The Means", is if when the end comes, all the liberals are dead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 05:07:10 PM »
Well, to start a possible "philosophical" discussion, I say the ends always justify the means.  If the "ends" do not justify it, what does?

As and example.   

Killing someone.   If the killing is done to protect an innocent from death or serious harm, it is justified.

However, if it is done to steal the latest iPhone, it is not justified. 

To determine if the killing, or any action, is justified, the reason, "ends", for it must be examined.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 08:14:34 AM »
To determine if the killing, or any action, is justified, the reason, "ends", for it must be examined.

It took me a while to understand these statements.

Above I think you're using the word "ends" as the reason.  I think in the idiom the word "means" is the equivalent to "reason," "morals" or "principles".  And "End" is the final result itself without judgement.

If someone is trying to take an innocent life, they may be killed in self-defense.   The means, stopping innocent murder, justifies the end, the dead perp.

The opposite is if I want someone dead just because I believe they are a bad person,  I kill them without provocation and invent a false narrative that it was self-defense, I've used the end result (a dead bad guy) to justify lying about what happened.   

No matter how righteous or noble one thinks their goal (end) is, it does not justify ignoring principles, morals or laws just to accomplish their goal.   The process, rules and mores of a society should be allowed to take their course and sometimes, we hope most of the time, the end result will be righteous.   Sometimes it's not.  Sometimes the guilty go free.   

To my point, what I'm saying is liberals generally follow EJM and they will lie, steal and cheat in order to accomplish their goals.  They feel their actions are justified because their goals/ends are so righteous.  I'm not accusing anyone in particular, this is a generalization based on my observations of politicians and the media.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk