Author Topic: We Love A Good Conspiracy  (Read 5238 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
We Love A Good Conspiracy
« on: April 26, 2017, 12:29:13 PM »
Based on a comment by another member on another thread, I thought this was interesting... or, at least should be good for some conversation on here.  ;D

Many are on FB and have probably seen the videos about the Amazon Echo that uses the name Alexa. There are several Youtube videos (I'll attach one to this post) showing the device shutting down when queried about the CIA.
Of course, Amazon claims it is a "glitch" that they have "corrected" but you know how we love a good conspiracy.

It does bring into question all these "smart" gadgets that stay on and connected to the wi-fi and interweb 24/7 though, and what "they" can truly see. A lot of folks have these same concerns with Windows 10 being an App-based service and how much control Microsoft has over devices without our knowledge.

Related article:

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/03/is-amazon-alexa-connected-to-cia.html

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

Re: We Love A Good Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 12:46:19 PM »
Even my pace maker is connected to the web.
That's why I can't get to close to electric motors .
I can't take a conventional stress test because the wireless monitoring feature and te tread mill read out interfere with each other .
My cardiologist can activate my pacemaker from his phone.
This is why I consider people fools for being concerned about their "privacy". You ain't got any, quit fooling yourselves.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 01:32:10 PM »
Alexa and other devices like it are ironic.

It used to be they needed a to get a judge or warrant to put a surveillance device in your home...but now they've worked it so you pay for the device and for the connection they use to monitor it.

All it needs is a battery backup and connection to a non-internet wireless network and it will monitor and transmit even when unplugged from power and Inet.....and it would not be hard to  prove you willingly allowed it to be installed since you paid for it and the monthly service.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 01:55:28 PM »
They only need a warrant to tap a landline or monitor your mail.
 The rest all falls under "public domain".

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
They only need a warrant to tap a landline or monitor your mail.
 The rest all falls under "public domain".

Are you saying they can put bugs in my house without getting any permission at all? 

Just decide they want to hear what is going in inside and wire the place?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:29:59 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
They don't need to put bugs in your house they just activate your phone.
You put the bug in your house.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 02:59:18 PM »
Even my pace maker is connected to the web.
That's why I can't get to close to electric motors .
I can't take a conventional stress test because the wireless monitoring feature and te tread mill read out interfere with each other .
My cardiologist can activate my pacemaker from his phone.
This is why I consider people fools for being concerned about their "privacy". You ain't got any, quit fooling yourselves.

The CIA has a kill switch for your pacemaker. You better watch what you say about them.   ;)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1436
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
Are you saying they can put bugs in my house without getting any permission at all? 

Just decide they want to hear what is going in inside and wire the place?

Plus they don't need a warrant to bug you.They only need it if they plan to use the information directly obtained in court. If they can use that info indirectly to get other info they can use they don't need a warrant. IT SUCKS.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:18 PM »
They don't need to put bugs in your house they just activate your phone.
You put the bug in your house.

I don't believe I have a phone they can activate...

But that is exactly the point I am making with the Alexa type device.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 04:03:40 PM »
If your phone is wireless the can remotely activate it and bypass lights, screen or any other indicators.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk