Author Topic: its 420... place your bets...  (Read 9954 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: its 420... place your bets...
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 06:06:32 PM »
If you binge drink on Saturday you will still test positive on Monday.  One beer will show up in your system for up to 36 hours.  If there is a zero tolerance policy for your situation or employment, alcohol is almost a complete no-no.

There are two things regarding alcohol in the system...testing for actual impairment like after a traffic incident and testing for general consumption.

For impairment testing the following is a rule of thumb from a legal aspect (information found on a drug testing site):

Once in the bloodstream, alcohol leaves the system in two ways:

10% leaves through breath, perspiration, and the urine.

90% is metabolized (broken down in the body).

Pretty much everyone, regardless of age, size, or race, metabolizes alcohol at the same pace. That pace is .015 of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) per hour. So that means for every hour you are not drinking, .015 of the alcohol in your body is being metabolized and disappearing from your body (thanks to David J. Hanson, Ph.D. for this information). So, if your BAC was 0.08 (legally impaired), it would take about 5.33 hours for the alcohol to be eliminated from your body.

So starting from a BAC of 0.08….

After 1 hour – your BAC would be 0.065

After 2 hours – your BAC would be 0.05

After 3 hours – your BAC would be 0.035

After 4 hours – your BAC would be 0.02

After 5 hours – your BAC would be 0.005

Alcohol would be eliminated from the body at about 5 hours and 20 minutes (the body metabolizes alcohol at the rate of about 0.005 per twenty minutes, as 0.005 x 3 = 0.015).

So it is easy to tell when your body will be free of alcohol. It is not so easy to tell, however, what your BAC is if you do not have some kind of alcohol tester, be it a breathalyzer or a disposable alcohol test.

Getting to a BAC of 0.08 is not that difficult. For a 140 lb man, it would be 3 drinks in one hour. If someone is binge drinking, they could get into a situation where alcohol remains in their body for 10 hours or more.

What M58 is speaks of is a test that tells if you have consumed alcohol for a period of time after consumption, even if you have moved beyond being physically impaired for functioning from a legal standpoint, based on residual traces in the urine. Some people are banned from consuming alcohol as a condition of probation, employment etc. This test would show consumption long after drinking.

The EtG Urine Alcohol Test detects ethyl glucuronide in the urine, which confirms alcohol ingestion as long as 3-4 days after intake, or about 80 hours after the liver metabolizes alcohol.The EtG test has become known as the “80 hour test” for detecting any amount of consumed ethyl alcohol. EtG has emerged as the test of choice for alcohol and due to the advances in technologies is now routinely available. Its presence in urine may be used to detect recent alcohol consumption, even after ethanol is no longer measurable using the older methods. The presence of EtG in urine is a definitive indicator that alcohol was ingested.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »
Another possibly unpopular opinion is that when you give a flying phuque what regulates your day to day behavior you've already lost!

I won't put anyone in danger by my personal decisions, however, the gubmint can go phuque themselves in what I do on my dime that harms no one!

My life, my wallet, my decision to protect my family!  The 4473 shouldn't exist!!!!!

My .02, after a few bourbons...

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2017, 12:55:13 PM »
What I found very funny yesterday was the way my guys acted/said/felt after the guy quit.

Everyone was was happy he did, but half said I should have fired him.  It seems me being super picky about who I hire has worked out well with me getting guys that have the same mind set I do." I am here too work." 

Funny thing, I end up mostly with either long term tradesmen that come from family backgrounds in construction, ranching or ex miltary, that were either special forces of some kind or some other very demanding obs.

Like right now, I have 16 employees, 9 are from construction families/ 20+years in the trades, 2 marine recon, 1 navey ud 1  coasite that was in a rib in fl( war in drugs), 1 army that ran a saw in the deserts(with the medals and scars to show he actually  fought)  and the rest are ranchers kids.

I just find it interesting that people with simlar mind sets tend to gravitate towards each other.   

Whats funny is there are only 2 that don't have ccw.   1 can't own guns as he is on probation for a dui accident, tge other is 19 and you need too be 21.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2017, 05:40:45 PM »
What I found very funny yesterday was the way my guys acted/said/felt after the guy quit.

Everyone was was happy he did, but half said I should have fired him.  It seems me being super picky about who I hire has worked out well with me getting guys that have the same mind set I do." I am here too work." 

Funny thing, I end up mostly with either long term tradesmen that come from family backgrounds in construction, ranching or ex miltary, that were either special forces of some kind or some other very demanding obs.

Like right now, I have 16 employees, 9 are from construction families/ 20+years in the trades, 2 marine recon, 1 navey ud 1  coasite that was in a rib in fl( war in drugs), 1 army that ran a saw in the deserts(with the medals and scars to show he actually  fought)  and the rest are ranchers kids.

I just find it interesting that people with simlar mind sets tend to gravitate towards each other.   

Whats funny is there are only 2 that don't have ccw.   1 can't own guns as he is on probation for a dui accident, tge other is 19 and you need too be 21.

Hard assed but not hard hearted....he made a mistake...and has a chance to prove it won't happen again...I like th at
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »
Its not a felony, if it was I could not bond him. 

As some one that has metal in his spin from a dui accident, I think what he got was fair. He did not hurt anyone, just hit 4 cars.  He will not be able to drive a company truck for at least another 10 years.  I thought very long and hard before I hired him.  He is a labourer, that works hard, other then he can drive or touch equipment, I have zero issues.  If it was not for that, I think I would keep him on and train him.  He has the right mind set all he really needs is training. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:18:08 AM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2017, 06:25:35 PM »
Your guys, excluding the one who quit, seem to have one thing in common. Discipline. Some people have it and some don't. The military seems to help a lot of people with it.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk