Author Topic: its 420... place your bets...  (Read 9993 times)

Timothy

Re: its 420... place your bets...
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
Had a guy here with a legal med marijuana card.  Sorry, still a no go!  Four years down the drain, they let him go two weeks ago.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 01:20:32 PM »
Had a guy here with a legal med marijuana card.  Sorry, still a no go!  Four years down the drain, they let him go two weeks ago.

This will not be a popular comment or stance, but this is the way it should be.  If he is on mind altering medication he is not fit to work.  I pass tests for my job and to keep my license.  This also means that all altering medications and alcohol must be clear from my system before I report for work - NTSB Law!

Timothy, what happens if you show up to work on morphine or oxycodone?  Maybe some alcohol in your desk to take the edge off before a high pressure meeting?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
This will not be a popular comment or stance, but this is the way it should be.  If he is on mind altering medication he is not fit to work.  I pass tests for my job and to keep my license.  This also means that all altering medications and alcohol must be clear from my system before I report for work - NTSB Law!

Timothy, what happens if you show up to work on morphine or oxycodone?  Maybe some alcohol in your desk to take the edge off before a high pressure meeting?

I agree...but I am not at all familiar with the tests that are given.

An alcohol user might binge on weekends, sober up Sunday afternoon and test clean on Monday morrning?  and be clean enough to be safe?

If a guy smokes a joint Sat. afternoon and that is it, will he pass the Monday test? What about a joint on Sunday afternoon?  And the hair test..seems like it is looking into history?  Will that indicate a job risk or just a possible one since this is a user?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 02:15:12 PM »

I didn't disagree with his dismissal and have no issues with your statement either.

Work sober or stay home...

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
If you binge drink on Saturday you will still test positive on Monday.  One beer will show up in your system for up to 36 hours.  If there is a zero tolerance policy for your situation or employment, alcohol is almost a complete no-no.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:18:34 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »
Here you go!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Senate_Bill_420

420 goes back WAY before that bill was passed. The bill was named after 420, not the other way around. Now a lot of people think 4:20 is a great time of day to smoke their dope and on 4/20 they get high all day. I heard that in Michigan if you have a medical marijuana prescription or card, whatever it is, you can't get a CPL. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
by federal law if you smoke pot you can't own a gun and if you answer the question on 4473 form no and do smoke, you just commited a felony.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »
by federal law if you smoke pot you can't own a gun and if you answer the question on 4473 form no and do smoke, you just commited a felony.

Which by the way is what they actually prosecute most of the time.  Not illegal gun ownership or gun "running", but lying on federal forms.   
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »
I agree...but I am not at all familiar with the tests that are given.

An alcohol user might binge on weekends, sober up Sunday afternoon and test clean on Monday morrning?  and be clean enough to be safe?

If a guy smokes a joint Sat. afternoon and that is it, will he pass the Monday test? What about a joint on Sunday afternoon?  And the hair test..seems like it is looking into history?  Will that indicate a job risk or just a possible one since this is a user?

Alcohol usually stays in your system 12-36 hours while THC in marijuana typically stays in your system 2-4 weeks. The time on both of them can vary and that's what urine tests can detect. If you have a blood test they're actually in your system longer.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 04:47:58 PM »
I do know this...  after I retire, I'm gonna smoke a big ol fatty just to celebrate!!!

No plans on worrying about it either!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk