Author Topic: Good Article On Glock  (Read 10010 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Good Article On Glock
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:43:35 AM »
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/04/13/glock-perfect-gun-company/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2017-04-18&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

Regardless if you like Glock's or not. This article brings home some very good points. Especially in regard to magazines. For example, I didn't know that few, if any of the Springfield XD magazines between the,  XD, XDm and XDm mod 2, would not interchange. That's just nuts, to have to run out and replace a bunch of expensive magazines, because you happened to upgrade to the next generation of the same pistol.

Several other manufacturers are guilty of the same thing. Mostly in an effort to get you as the consumer to spend more money on new magazines. When in fact they could have just as easily designed the next generation of their pistols to accept the same magazines.

While I wouldn't go so far as to say, "Why Buy Anything Besides A Glock?", I have to agree that keeping that guns features standard through over 30 years of production has certainly helped it's sales and success. Not to mention fewer parts that can be replaced by most anyone. I doubt that with the exception of perhaps the AR-15 platform of rifles, there is another firearm currently in production that can make that claim. The success of Glock certainly proves that, if it proves anything.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Good Article On Glock
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:31:53 PM »
Guy needs a fact check.  There is no XDm Mod 2 model.

XD
XD mod.2
XDm

The XD and XD mod.2 share the same magazines in 9mm.  The XDm uses a different magazine.  I have all three.

The .45acp models all use the same magazine.

While to some extent I do not disagree, the CZ line also has done similar over the years. Beretta has done this too.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 12:33:25 PM »
Really only two legitimate reasons not to buy Glock.
Esthetics, and the grip may be to big for your hand .
One other reason, if you're a single action shooter you might not like a double action trigger.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 12:41:59 PM »
Honestly, I did not like them at all for a lot of years. Agreed they are good guns, work, etc.. Ex also was a Glock hater, and would not allow one in the house. Notice it was Ex, after 30 years no less...

Anyway, I did find that I liked the Gen4 models. Lady friend started competing with a G17, so got a G34. Still not liking the trigger after 10k plus rounds, but the damn thing works, and I shoot it quite well. So, now have a G19 and a G41 too. LOL. I do not carry the G19 yet as I do not have a holster for it, but no loss as I carry the XD mod.2 anyway.  The G41 is way softer shooting than I expected. May setup with some extended magazines and use for USPSA Limited Major (instead of the 34 in Minor). We shoot them stock with a "-" connector.

Still love my steel guns, and my M9A1. May go back to a tricked out CZ next year for 3Gun... or not.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:46:07 PM »
Tom, there's a 3rd reason.Those stupid finger grooves that don't fit your hand(I have fairly large hands).
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:26:24 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1085
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 03:06:00 PM »
A couple of the points he makes in the article could be applied to 1911s. Standardization of parts. Magazine interchangeability. Probably more aftermarket parts than any other pistol in the world. Some people would ask why buy anything else? In the end it doesn't matter what you buy. If you like it that's good enough.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 03:13:04 PM »
Tom, there's a 3rd reason.Those stupid finger grooves that don't fit your hand(I have fairly large hands).

It's plastic, nothing a belt sander can't fix.

Conagher 45

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »
There is also a grip wrap product that may help with the finger groove issue.
There is room for all of God's creatures ....., That would be on my plate right next to the taters and gravy.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 09:35:12 PM »
I shouldn't have to take a belt sander to a new gun to make it comfortable to shoot.I'll stick with my 1911,Browning HiPower,Smith J frame and Ruger SR9c,They all fit my hand nicely and shoot great.Besides,Glocks have no soul... ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 05:57:32 AM »
I've never seen a Glock with finger grooves, my local GS, a Glock fan and dealer, must not like them either since he doesn't stock them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk