Poll

What will become of the lastest sabre rattling with North Korea?

Status quo.
10 (71.4%)
A limited strike.
2 (14.3%)
All out war on the Korean Penisula.
0 (0%)
Regional war including limited forces of Japan and China.
1 (7.1%)
North Korea nuclear strike.
0 (0%)
Something else.
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: N O R T H - - K O R E A  (Read 10889 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: N O R T H - - K O R E A
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 06:19:27 PM »
I don't believe that we will strike them or anything more than that, but I don't believe that it will be status quo.  I think Pres. DJT has sent a message by sending war ships to the area, and by discussing with China that they become more involved. 

Now here is the bigger question:  Did our President ask China to police their region, or did he put China on notice that it is time for them to consider which side they wish to find themselves on?

Perhaps he did both.  Asked China if they wished to clean up their neighborhood or if the wanted us to do it....and if we do it, we will see with which side you choose to stand.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 07:51:30 AM »
Now the little jerk has popped another nuke.  This one is fairly large.  North Korea says it can fit this nuke onto one of their ICBM's....maybe that's true.   

I'm certain Obama downplayed the danger and now we have a larger problem because Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 and Obama essentially did nothing about North Korea.

A primary function of government is to protect it's people and the previous 28 years of US Administrations essentially did nothing.  In fact, they sent or allowed food, money and energy (crude oil) to be used as a bribe to quiet the loud mouth running the country when he started sabre rattling....all to kick the can down the road for this inevitable point in time.  This action was actually aid and comfort to the enemy.

Now, if we believe North Korean reports, North Korea can strike our cities with a 100 kiliton weapon from an ICBM launched from North Korea.  They also have SLBM's which may be tipped with nukes.  We are entering the blackmail phase of the relationship.  They threaten to flatten San Francisco or the the world (that would be us, the USA) pays them off.

I don't buy that China is really helping us yet despite China's rhetoric condemning North Korea's hermit king.  They want the world's focus to drift off those islands they are illegally arming to control the sea lanes.

It's gut check time for our nation and the world.  Anything short of a military strike has to, in my opinion, include an economic embargo of China.  An economic embargo of China would be extremely painful for all nations since so much product the world uses now comes from their cheap labor camps. 

And there's other options.  Put nukes back on the Korean peninsula.  Another...and I really hate this one...encourage Japan to rearm.  A reactivation of the Japanese military is of great concern to China; as I think it should be for us as well. 

This North Korea nuclear missile program is out of hand and has initiated the need for a strong response.  Just what that response will entail...we've yet to see.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »
Shorty has stated that the United States will feel the fury, that they intend to be able to strike anywhere in the United States, and they continue to test stronger and stronger vehicles and have begun to increase actual warhead testing.  How can this not be viewed as a threat to our nation by anyone, anywhere in the world or our nation's capital.?  It is time for Pres. DJT to discuss and inform all in the Asian region that we will not stand for this credible threat, and that they have a set timeline to do something concrete, or WE WILL destroy the North Korean ability to produce these warheads and vehicles with sure and certain finality.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Which will result in a unified North Korea unless China floods in the peasants.

This time, they won't be able to tell the peasants they are inside China....too much internet information despite communist control efforts.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 06:48:01 PM »
I don't trust the Chicoms but they are at least having to publicly say they are cutting NK off.  Even if it is a phoney policy, isolating NK from banks and money, it's a significant change.  We (Trump) may have gotten inside their OODA Loop and they aren't ready to take us on yet.   

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:50:38 PM »

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »
Things just stepped up a notch.  South Korea has now seized 2 oil/product tankers and has impounded them in a harbor. 

I'm hearing the drums getting closer.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1422
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2018, 11:44:12 AM »
Things just stepped up a notch.  South Korea has now seized 2 oil/product tankers and has impounded them in a harbor. 

I'm hearing the drums getting closer.

Like Michael Bane says. Tic-toc, tic-toc. Although he is usually referring to SHTF here in the U.S.

The activity has increased in NK and now also in Iran..  Time to keep your eyes open.......
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2018, 03:46:00 PM »
If it does come down to a shooting match, I'd say that the right single death would end it...
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2018, 08:11:12 PM »
This thread started 8 months ago and we still at the saber rattling stage.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2018, 10:43:57 PM »
The sabre-rattling will never go away. The Kim's just need to go.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk