Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 16152 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2017, 04:24:37 AM »
I might be able to see using it to contact people you've been out of touch with for decades. But even then I can't really think of anyone I miss that much.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »
Facebook is worthless...  I love you guys and gals but Facebook can be addictive in all the wrong ways.  It's a marketing tool in the guise of a social network!

It's sucked me in three times!  Never again...

I can't argue that. It can turn into a real time-burglar.

I might be able to see using it to contact people you've been out of touch with for decades. But even then I can't really think of anyone I miss that much.

That was the main reason I joined, contacting family and close friends that lived out of state (it was easier and more instant than emails, and I hate talking on the phone).
Later it was handy to keep folks updated when my wife was sick.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2017, 04:32:31 PM »
Too many cat videos on FB!

And, old girlfriends

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2017, 10:34:53 PM »
Too many cat videos on FB!

And, old girlfriends

That reminds me of this REO tune from 30 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fyt8wDfyao
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 05:55:03 AM »
FB is just like any other tool.
If you can't use it responsibly it isn't the inanamate objects fault.

Sponsor

« Reply #65 on: Today at 04:01:51 AM »

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »
FB is just like any other tool.
If you can't use it responsibly it isn't the inanamate objects fault.

Except FB is not just like other tools.  My hammer, drill, refrigerator, pistols, rifles, car, etc. do not track my actions, give my information to companies that want to divest me of my money, or allow nefarious individuals to steal my identity.  FB is simply not worth either the aggravation or the risk. 

Sorry, Tom.  I've gotta call BS on that one.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2017, 07:38:26 AM »
You REALLY think staying off FB protects you from any of those things ?  LOL
Ever pay for anything with credit or debit card ?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
You REALLY think staying off FB protects you from any of those things ?  LOL
Ever pay for anything with credit or debit card ?

The fact is the more you stay off of these huge social media websites, the less of a risk you run becoming a victim of identity theft. Simply because you are not providing as much exposure. Compare how many hits this forum gets to Facebook. We're a drop in the bucket in comparison. And banks and financial institutions that handle your money have a much higher grade of identity protection than places like Facebook do. Even places like Amazon have very high grades of identity theft protection in place. If they didn't no one would risk shopping there. 

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
I use FB for "promotion" of my music events. I have a personal page and a band page.
 Anything the band puts out we all push on our personal pages and it gets the word out.
It's really the most effective thing out there at the moment. AND it sucks.
It is what it is but if you're promoting something it's pretty much essential right now.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
I spend time on FB most every day.  Mostly checking in on Family, Friends, Brothers from the Army and People I am interested in.  Doesn't take much time if you know what the BS looks like and how to find the good stuff (funny they took away the 'Friends' filter but I use the Most Recent the same way).

I have been bouncing jobs since last summer, spent 5 months with an hour drive to and from work (better that the 1 1/4 hour minimum commute but I sat at a computer all day so it was easy to jump on DRTV).  Now I am 5 minutes from the house and have my own desk out in the Shop where I get to build cool automation like the paint robots for CeraKote  8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk