Author Topic: What Happened?  (Read 16247 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Re: What Happened?
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 03:08:17 PM »
So I am not one too be afraid of zeroes, but monday I am starring thr biggest project of my life.my 1st 8 diigit project.

Congratulations.   I think.  Never been in charge of a million+ much less something over 10 million.   For my current project I working on a $440k pot of money.  Phase 3 is waiting install, delayed because of... the new Falcons stadium!
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2017, 03:13:53 PM »
....he commented that if he showed up for work on time he received an additional two dollars an hour for the pay period..... 8)

I worked in a big box store (Lowe's) during a career change a few years back.  I stumbled on how to successfully get a job there.  I've counselled a number of people on how to do this and it's worked every time.

Fill out the manual application form, not the on-line thing.   Ask for the store manager.  Not the acting or assistant SM, but the actual SM.  You may have to come back later it he's not on-duty.   Give him the application, look him in the eye and say,  "I'm willing to work, whatever shift, whatever department and  whatever job you assign me.  I'll show up eager, on-time and sober every day."

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2017, 04:58:51 PM »
It's a 14 million dollar contract.  Whats really funny is almost all of the subs are from ca, only the excavation and survey work islocal.   The real lack of skilled labour here is rough the ones you import from portland are too use too thier unionparadise and don't know what work is.i
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2017, 08:53:25 PM »
Alf... for many years the Women's Junior Service League in our area put on a "reality store" at each of the local high schools for seniors...it was directed primarily to those students planning on direct entry into the work place... they could choose their hourly pay rate, and then move from table to table that had direct challenges for them to decide... pick their car...pick their apartment... select insurance.. stop by the "wheel of fortune" and spin it, and it had titles like... you are going to have a baby... I need new tires... they shut off my electricity... and finally stop by the tally table, where all the monthly premiums, taxes and other charges were deducted... I was walking through the media center during one of these programs, and a couple of former students called me over with a question... "who is this FICA and why is it taking my money?"

another incident was once when the question of income taxes was raised by my 9th graders... I commented that I had just paid x thousand dollars in taxes... and their comment was "but you get it all back" and my answer was "NO, I just paid x thousand dollars in taxes... and their comment was "YES, but you get it all back, don't you?"

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »
I don't "modernize" very easily. I have zero use for any social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I've heard too much negativity about all of them. I really wouldn't know what to say or do if I did. And I never have, and never will set foot in a Starbucks. Somehow spending $5 bucks for a cup of "coffee" that tastes like a milk shake just doesn't appeal to me. Or does wasting a 1/4 tankful of gas, waiting for the 23 cars ahead of me to get to the "drive thru". Hell, I can't even pronounce half the crap they advertise on their menu.

Every morning I make a pot of Folgers for a few cents, have a couple of big cupfull's while I come here, wake up, and check out what's happening news wise, then start my day. I'm really adapting well to the retired, laid back lifestyle. I can't believe it's been 2-1/2 years already. It seems like as many months. I really admire guys like TAB. I get tired just reading about his day!

Today I'll hit the treadmill, shower, and head out to Sportsman's Warehouse to see if they have anything I can't live without. On Monday mornings except for the help, I'm about the only guy in the joint. Then I've got a bucket full of .223 brass that needs attention. Now that it's getting a bit too hot to go to the range, (it hit 101 yesterday), I'll most likely get it prepped and reloaded. I bought a new orbital sander to sand and re stain my picnic table. But I'm not past the, "thinking about it" stage yet. Maybe next month.

Sponsor

« Reply #55 on: Today at 03:29:40 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2017, 07:50:26 AM »
Go on face book, search for the news sites you usually follow then click "Like".
 If you read the comments things to say will suggest themselves.
Frequently it will be "Are you f#cking stupid ? Or just liberal ?".
Let us know if you do we can get you a friends list so you're in touch with us, M'ette, MB, Ed Head and ao on.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1087
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
The short time I was on Facebook people were constantly trying to waste my time on things I wasn't interested in. I guess that's what friends are for on there.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »
Scroll over it and keep going.
Jeeze, it's like bathrooms, not rocket science.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »
I use an extension for facebook called "Facebook Purity" that allows me to stop all the ads and custom tailor what I see in my feed much better than fb itself does. I block app and game requests also.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

What Happened?
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2017, 07:37:03 PM »
Facebook is worthless...  I love you guys and gals but Facebook can be addictive in all the wrong ways.  It's a marketing tool in the guise of a social network!

It's sucked me in three times!  Never again...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk