Author Topic: There Goes The Neighborhood  (Read 10697 times)

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: There Goes The Neighborhood
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2017, 10:10:30 AM »
I agree with you Bill. I have zero patience going in the place. I will say though our price differences are not that drastic. Heck, they do not even carry a bunch of stuff that I tend to buy.  Being Montana, finding certain things is tough, and yes, Amazon helps a ton.  I know I pay more shopping at the local stores instead of WM, and I am ok with that.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
Billt, you can find the answer to your prayers by driving south a bit until you hit Mesa.  There is a SPROUTS Farmer's Market there with beautiful, locally grown produce at fair prices.  They have a selection of "organic" produce as well, but it's at a higher price.

They also have an actual butcher case with a real, live butcher standing behind it.  If you want something special, he can cut it for you.  If you are satisfied with the packaged beef, pork, chicken, lamb, etc, they have a case full of pretty good looking cuts.  They also sell a limited variety of fish.

They have a cooler full of various beers, and a section of floor space dedicated to decent wines.  And prices are competitive.

The store isn't huge, but you can get most food and drink requirements there.  You won't want to go to Sprouts for laundry detergent, bath soap (although they have some esoteric soaps and lotions in the store) or other toiletries, but for food, they are great.

They have a store out in Scottsdale.  I haven't been there, but I know about the one in Mesa.  Scottsdale store is 4402 N. Miller Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
480-941-6001

FWIW

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »
A bit about culture and population growth.  This was created in 2010

https://www.facebook.com/ElectTrump2020/videos/787317758084330/
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Sprouts is .  Or at least the one that was clise too me in sac was.   Makr sure you buy thier sausage from the meat counter.  They are awrsome.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk