Author Topic: I'm not a Prepper, I'm just prepared. Oroville, CA  (Read 159 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
I'm not a Prepper, I'm just prepared. Oroville, CA
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:53:16 pm »
After the Oroville evacuation this past Sunday, my wife thanked me for being prepared.   We have the Car Kits, the Get Home BackPack and the BugOut bag.  She asked me what else we'd pack in the 60 minutes the Oroville people were given to leave their homes.   I whipped out my bugout list which has, in priority order, the things to take if we have time.   

BUT

What I also told here is that we would not be taking anything else beyond those kits.  Our priority would have been to get on the road before it was clogged with everybody else.    What was important in Oroville was to get safely away.  There was no societal breakdown.  50 miles one way or the other life would be normal.  Walmart would have clothes and Chick-Fil-A supper.  We mainly needed to get away more than "take" anything.   

ABOUT OROVILLE:

As Michael has been saying for some time:  You're on your own.   The poor people in Oroville had been told for several days that there was no need to panic.  No need to evacuate, then BAM, YOU GOT 60 MINUTES.   I'm hoping I would have been one to recognize the situation and to have taken a vacation on Thursday or Friday, not waiting till the last minute.      Well on a larger scale, if I lived in CA, I hope I'd have sense to have left there altogether by now.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW SOG 1968-1972

The Down Range TV Forum

I'm not a Prepper, I'm just prepared. Oroville, CA
« on: February 16, 2017, 04:53:16 pm »

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief DOWN RANGE TV
    • Flying Dragon Ltd
Re: I'm not a Prepper, I'm just prepared. Oroville, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 05:00:27 pm »
When the government tells you not to panic and that it's safe to stay in place, it's useful to remember that the told the people in the World Trade Centers exactly the same thing.

I think being prepared makes a lot of sense.

I think NEVER trusting government hacks also makes a lot of sense!

Michael
B
Michael Bane, Majordomo, DOWN RANGE TELEVISION,
Host & Producer, SHOOTING GALLERY and THE BEST DEFENSE

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »
Think I will this an example when I teach Emergency Prepared meit badge in a couple weeks.

RD

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:40:02 pm »
if you have never read this, you might take the time....

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/p/map.html

TAB

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 10:09:45 pm »
I know lots of people that got evaced   lots of bad info out there in the news too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

• Freedom isn't Free
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 05:57:31 am »
My mother in Fl. was getting evacuated so regularly that she just used it as an opportunity to vidsit friends out of state. She's looking forward to the next one as she hasn't seen those people in a couple years now.  LOL
01-20-2017
America' second chance !     ;D