Author Topic: SCCY 2017  (Read 5386 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SCCY 2017
« on: February 15, 2017, 08:20:19 PM »
So honestly - I never thought positively about them - even as an advertiser to MB's shows - I search here and see an old thread from 2009

http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=5749.msg68654#msg68654

And his pistol exhibited the known issue which has since been fixed - beside I would not buy the "1" with a safety but the newer "2" w/o safety 9mm

I've preformed my due diligence by using Googlefoo to search reviews and videos - and I come away thinking I may have a wrongly preconceived notion that they were crap.

I do not intend to every purposely carry one as a primary self defense gun, but maybe owning one 'just cuz I can" now has me interested. 
The trigger description sounds a lot like my Kahr's - loooong purposeful double action "revolver esque" with just as looooong reset - but I like that feature of the Kahr's and am already familiar with it...

Anyone have some recent hands on input?

(edit because I spell like an aardvark)

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: SCCY 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 01:43:05 PM »
I would like to know as well.  I have been looking at them, thinking I need to try one just to see. 

I know it is not exactly the same, however I have had a Kel-Tec P11 for close to 15 years (or more). Reliable yes. Hard to shoot with that trigger, and recoil is rough. Recoil expected in such a small, light, pistol. I also understand the hard to use trigger.

Having said that, I have heard that the SCCY is much nicer to shoot (recoil) with the grip being larger. What I can't figure out is if the trigger is any better than my Kel-Tec.  Heavy ok, just something smoother, I hope.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
I read and see (video reviews) that they really do like to be broken in 200+ more and some report they are sensitive to Armscore as they have hard primers, and also function/cycle "better" with hot loads.

Texas_Bryan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:24:00 PM »
I actually ordered one of these last week new off the Gun Broker, $220 including shipping, bought a P320 with that sweet stock bonus money and figured why not?  Haven't shot it yet but it feels good in the hand.  The trigger's not too bad a DAO, its a long pull, but I've practiced my DA pull on my P220 a lot, its no big deal.  It's got a really long grip, got to reach a half mile out there to get the trigger.  Was not impressed with the finish.  The slide was full of metal shavings, scratching and wearing the finish on the aluminum pretty good.  All in all, I'll either like it and make a holster for it, for those late night pregnant wife chicken nugget runs, or give it way to a brother so they can have a house gun.

Jury's still out, I'll update.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1404
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 08:00:11 AM »
Like others here I also am curious of their performance. I know Michael would not advertise "junk" and for that reason alone I would like to try one. Maybe as a backup. With the price it makes using a New York reload much easier.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:10:24 AM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
OK... not to be a wise ass... I dine out for every meal, leaving a minimum $2 tip....for an additional cost of a month's worth of tips you can pick up a Ruger LCP II with relative good sights,  pretty good trigger (not comfortable under recoil) from a reputable and well established company... YMMV

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 08:17:44 AM »
OK... not to be a wise ass... I dine out for every meal, leaving a minimum $2 tip....for an additional cost of a month's worth of tips you can pick up a Ruger LCP II with relative good sights,  pretty good trigger (not comfortable under recoil) from a reputable and well established company... YMMV

I guess for me it is the internal, eternal cheapskate in me. Plus because they are available in colors my wife is a little less opposed to the purchase as for her firearms also have to be fashion statement from time to time.  Just like stockings. You may never see them but in her case you can bet the colors will match whatever she is wearing.  :o

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 12:42:49 PM »
Black for formal occasions, stainless with silver jewelry etc ?  LOL

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 01:32:47 PM »
Black for formal occasions, stainless with silver jewelry etc ?  LOL

;D ;D ;D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:15 PM »

But then you only have a 6+1 round .380 instead of a 10+1 round 9mm. It's like comparing apples and oranges.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk