Author Topic: The missus asked a question today that is unanswerable......  (Read 3618 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The missus asked a question today that is unanswerable......
« on: February 15, 2017, 04:03:30 PM »
She asked what my guns were worth.  She seems to think she can live off the proceeds of the sale if I die tomorrow.

I tried to tell her the market for used guns is fluid, and people will pay only what they are willing to pay. 
She doesn't get it.  Now I know why divorce is so expensive.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: The missus asked a question today that is unanswerable......
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 05:54:56 PM »
FBG, you answered the question correctly!  Most non gun people can't get it. 

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »
As they say..."murder is cheaper than divorce"!

My wife doesn't care....34 years and counting

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:08:03 AM »
Tell her used gun prices depend on the stock market.
Up today down tomorrow.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 12:12:07 PM »
The more guns you  have the higher their current value is. 

Strange as it may seem, guns in a collection seem to stimulate the groups resale value. 

Not only that, the effect is exponential as you add more guns.

There is no calculated limit to how high that value can be stimulated as you add more and more guns.

Tell her that.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 12:44:39 PM »
If she sold your guns she would probably get half of what you paid for them. Gun stores will then resell them at a higher price to make a profit. How much are they worth? That depends on if you're talking about replacement cost (full price) or what you would have to sell them at (much less).
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
Of course the biggest fear is that she does sell them for what I told her I paid for them at the time.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »
my greatest fear is my wife sells all my belongings for what I said I paid for them

;D
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 10:47:14 PM »
I'm rather fortunate, my wife believes that guns are not for sale but much like any other safety device/heirloom/child.  They are ours and we will hand them down to our kids and grandkids.

Plus she has her own money...  ;)
He who dares wins.  SAS

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 06:57:09 PM »
I'm rather fortunate, my wife believes that guns are not for sale but much like any other safety device/heirloom/child.  They are ours and we will hand them down to our kids and grandkids.

Plus she has her own money...  ;)

Mine does too.

When I mentioned building an AR pistol, she said, "That would make a good truck/camper gun for back-up when traveling."
I said, "Yeah." 

;D
*She was recalling the day we were a block away from a south GA college campus where a "racial disturbance" plus a bomb threat and flag desecration that nearly turned into a riot occurred. We went the opposite direction from the lights and sirens and learned on the news a little later what was going on.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk