Author Topic: So I've been buying 100 rounds a week of one caliber or another  (Read 7731 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So I've been buying 100 rounds a week of one caliber or another
« on: February 05, 2017, 05:46:37 PM »
for a few years now.  I have  .50 cal ammo cans filled lining the walls of my closet.  I've got some boxes of ammo stacked in the bookshelves.  I only train or break in a new part on a gun monthly.  Then it is usually about 150 sometimes 200 rounds.

I've got around 1700 .45ACP, 1200 9mm, 700 .38spcl, 125 ea of 12 gauge 00, #4 buck, #4 bird shot, #6 bird shot, and around 300 #8.  1400 .308 Win, 700 .223 Rem, (just finished the build over Christmas)  about 3000 .22 rimfire,.  These are all close guesstimates.

I have smaller quantities of .45 Colt, .380ACP, there is some .32ACP somewhere, maybe a box of .25ACP in the garage.

So the question is:

Do I have a problem?
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Ranger Dave

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: So I've been buying 100 rounds a week of one caliber or another
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 05:54:53 PM »
Yes, It's nowhere near enough, double it ;D
Trust me I'm looking out for you ;D

Timothy

So I've been buying 100 rounds a week of one caliber or another
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 06:09:47 PM »
I have 1/100 th of that!  The problem is mine!!!

400 of .38
500 of 9mm
1000 of .22 lr
100 12 ga of a variety..  no buck or slugs

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:33:01 AM »
So the question is: Do I have a problem?

Yes. A serious one. You need to buy more ammo!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:09:07 AM »
I read the title as 100 POUNDS a week and my admiration for FatBaldGuy went up exponentially.

Then I thought, how much money does this guy make to be able to do that?  And I felt a twinge of envy.

Then I re-read the title and everything got back to normal.

You took this Rabbit on quite an emotional trip.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »
FBG... you need to start shooting a PCC (pistol caliber carbine) for USPSA, decide on one caliber and then get a progressive re loader....more fun than is legal in most Southern Baptist states  :)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 10:53:20 PM »
Yes you have a finacial problem, you could be reloading and have a whole lot more ammo for the same $$$$ :D
He who dares wins.  SAS

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 04:16:04 AM »
I read the title as 100 POUNDS a week and my admiration for FatBaldGuy went up exponentially.  Crusader Rabbit

The only ammo I keep track of by weight is my rimfire.

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 06:53:48 AM »

I'm way too OCD for that.  Every case, bullet, primer, and powder charge would have to weigh exactly te same.  Every finished round would have to have the exact same case diameter and length. 

I know commercial rounds don't meet that criteria, and that's OK.  I didn't make them.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:51 PM »

I see some Federal Lightning ammo in there Bill. That's the only ammo of any caliber that I've ever had a squib with. I was shooting "rapid fire" with a Jennings .22 and accidentally fired another round before I realized what happened. It bulged the barrel so the slide would only come back a little bit and it totaled out the gun. Federal knew their ammo was crap and when I told them about it they sent me a check for a new gun.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk