Author Topic: MecTec ?  (Read 1985 times)

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: MecTec ?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 06:39:59 pm »
They make a 10mm CCU for 1911s and one for Glock 20s and 40s. If you get the Glock version you need to buy a feed ramp for it. It comes in 2 sizes so you just tell them what model you want it for and they'll get you the right one. If you get a 1911 version with a ramped barrel like my Para-Ordnance you need a Para Block that only comes in one size. If your frame isn't milled for a ramped barrel there nothing extra you need to buy.

On the Glock page it says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. Mech Tech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU which meets SAAMI, CIP or NATO standards. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

The 1911 page says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. MechTech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

And the XD page says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. Mech Tech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU which meets SAAMI, CIP or NATO standards. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

So you can use any ammo that's within SAAMI specs, whether it's +P or not. I haven't seen any 10mm ammo labeled as +P but if I did I would look for something else.

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 06:39:59 pm »

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 06:58:27 pm »
Here's a video from YouTube that wouldn't work when I tried it from another site. They shoot 10mm DoubleTap ammo in a MechTech carbine.

Hi-Point is coming out with a 10mm carbine with a 10-round mag sometime in 2018. https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/index.html

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE