Author Topic: MecTec ?  (Read 11216 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1073
Re: MecTec ?
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 06:39:59 PM »
They make a 10mm CCU for 1911s and one for Glock 20s and 40s. If you get the Glock version you need to buy a feed ramp for it. It comes in 2 sizes so you just tell them what model you want it for and they'll get you the right one. If you get a 1911 version with a ramped barrel like my Para-Ordnance you need a Para Block that only comes in one size. If your frame isn't milled for a ramped barrel there nothing extra you need to buy.

On the Glock page it says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. Mech Tech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU which meets SAAMI, CIP or NATO standards. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

The 1911 page says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. MechTech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

And the XD page says: Factory Loaded Ammunition Only. Mech Tech recommends only using good quality factory loaded ammunition in the CCU which meets SAAMI, CIP or NATO standards. The CCU is a blowback operated action and is capable of safely firing ammunition up to +P. DO NOT USE +P+ or ‘hotter’ loads.

So you can use any ammo that's within SAAMI specs, whether it's +P or not. I haven't seen any 10mm ammo labeled as +P but if I did I would look for something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfVPEQfmHEA 
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 06:58:27 PM »
Here's a video from YouTube that wouldn't work when I tried it from another site. They shoot 10mm DoubleTap ammo in a MechTech carbine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jIuNgm1C3c

Hi-Point is coming out with a 10mm carbine with a 10-round mag sometime in 2018. https://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBP47kyfEuQ
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 05:24:37 PM »
There's another PCC option this year. Iver Johnson is selling a .45 ACP 1911A1 carbine for $698.00, and a 28-round .45 ACP 1911 drum for $75.00. In the past I've heard that 1911 carbines don't always work very well. I'll be waiting to hear the verdict on these.

http://www.iverjohnsonarms.com/index.html

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 02:30:36 PM »
Numrich Arms (Gun Parts Corp.) Used to sell that as a kit. Was under $150.00 if I remember correctly.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 06:59:26 PM »
The 1911A1 carbine needs a VFG so there's a good place to hang on with both hands. Without it, I think it would be awkward but not entirely useless. A full length dust cover with a Picatinny rail would be nice.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:25:41 AM »

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »
Years ago, maybe a year or 2 after they came out I bought the 1911 version. While I traded it away later I did enjoy it. It WAS a bit bulky and "chunky" feeling. Heavier than needed, and did not have a fancy finish but it DID work, allowed for mounting an optic, and allowed me to carry my 1911 and have a carbine for backup that did not take up very much room. All in all, I would own it again now, maybe for the clock since that would lighten it up a bit.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk