Author Topic: Post Pres. BHO Era  (Read 6663 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Re: Post Pres. BHO Era
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 07:56:46 AM »
I'm am not against BHO remaining in D.C. for a few months.  Same as Trump letting his son finish the year in school, the Obamas are doing the same.  The two things that will show how deeply he believes in his comments about taking the high road, like shown to them by the Bushs, will be during these next seven months:
1.  The media will have easy access to BHO for comments on everything Trump says and does.  Will BHO keep his mouth shut, like past presidents, or will he be on his soap box;
2.  When school lets out, will they move on as promised?

This last couple months I have watched and listened, and this total loss for the DFL (aren't they the group that claimed the GOP was dead, rotting while waiting to be buried, and would never rise again) has put him into hyper mode in his office trying to protect "his legacy", and more importantly, protect his friends to assure he will have high power as soon as they can weasel back into the big stone buildings.

My gut feeling is that you will see Obama working to get himself into the U.N..  He will not be able to do it the next four years, but he will be there as a citizen with influence and future power.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
One of the problems with being at the top, of achieving something big, and yes being President is big, is that when it's done, it's done.   We're seeing this played out with John Lewis and we'll see it with the Obamas.  How do you put meaning back in your life after you've been on top?  After you have some big, momentous event, discovery or moment, what next you your life?

This is a life view I've observed with others as well as myself.  Not that I was ever "famous" but when you accomplish something in one field of endeavor, rarely do you go on to remain on top or accomplish newer and bigger things.  Books, TV, and movies have given us the view that a the same person will rise to the occasion over and over. Superman, Batman, John McLain, John Wayne, & Gibbs, come to the rescue week after week, movie after movie.   But in real life you're lucky to get one shot at something big.   Most police never fire their guns in the line of duty, much less in multiple encounters.  Most scientist have one big discovery.  The opportunity to be a hero may, may occur only once in your life.

Celebrities, of course are looking for another movie, another song, another show or some way to keep themselves in the limelight.    A few do achieve repeated success, but most just fad away.   It's a fleeting pursuit.  And it's why some do outrageous things to keep themselves before the public.  To be important if only in their own eyes.

As far as President's go, TDR quickly put POTUS behind him to be a  hunter & explorer.  Carter changed to humanitarian.   The Bush's have for the most part been content to carry on with their own lives, interjecting some good but not seeking the limelight.   I think Bill Clinton would be content to just retire and do some humanitarian stuff.  But Hillary and the Obama's are like the Kardashians.  They will make every effort to keep themselves in the limelight.  To interject themselves in current events, just for the purpose of their own self worth under the guise that they know better than the rest of us what's good for the country.

An aside of this is to know when to move on.    To understand that timing, current events and situations put you in a position to do something great.  Heroes are those that rise to the occasion when it demands.  But those situations are fleeting.   Fame is fleeting.   Continuing to advance some field of research is fleeting.   Celebrity status is fleeting.    As the newspaper industry use to say, they're wrapping fish with yesterday's headlines.   Recognize when to hold'm, when to fold'm, when to walk away and when to run.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 12:12:19 PM »
Alf, that is an excellent summation....IMHO.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2017, 12:38:40 PM »
Up or out, and there ain't no more up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk