Author Topic: 16 Best "Mad Dog" Mattis Quotes  (Read 8560 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: 16 Best "Mad Dog" Mattis Quotes
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2016, 08:06:45 PM »
The old saying is "if you want peace prepare for war".
This is not entirely true, or at least, not complete .
You can have all the troops and weapons, but if your opponents don't think you have the mindset to use them, or use them effectively, they will do you no good at all.
 Best off the top of my head example is France, they actually have very good equipment and training in proper proportion to the size of the nation, but because of the mindset of their leadership they haven't been able to even defend their own borders in over 200 years.

same with sd.  I have heard more then once of a women having an attacker at gun point, but not pulling the trigger, only to have the gun taken away and the violence still happening.   

My rule, if it clears leather, I am putting holes in you.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Leadership we need in a bad way. Had a few others like that but they were asked to retire when they did not give the liberals the answers they wanted.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 12:51:33 PM »
McChrystal comes to mind.

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 04:26:22 PM »
I heard on Gun Talk today that Patreaus has joined the Gabby Giffords anti gun parade!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 06:43:44 PM »
I heard on Gun Talk today that Patreaus has joined the Gabby Giffords anti gun parade!

Yep.  He has become a large load of "do not want."

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:33:01 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 07:00:09 AM »
That really surprises me about Petreaus. All I need to know about anyone in government, is if they're pro or anti gun. If they're against firearms ownership in any way, shape, or form I want nothing to do with them. I hope Trump sees this guy through the same lens.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 08:22:46 AM »
Doesn't surprise me much about Patreaus.

I have an acquaintance who spent 34 years in the Navy, retired a full bird Captain (Colonel in the Army) started out a E-1, went LDO and eventually full Line Officer!

You'd think he'd be gung ho on the Constitution, rights, etc. but he actually actively campaigned and raised money as a full lefty lib for Obama.  Something about some of the upper level officer types has happened in the last forty years.  Damn few are like Mattis...

Look at Powell...he's gone off the left end as well!

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
No surprise about the lefty officers. Think about it, they've spent their entire life having every decision laid out for them, from the most complex being laid out in regulations and doctrine right down to what to where being specified by the orders of the day. You don't get to high rank by taking responsibility, rather by passing it off, just like Oblama.
Patreous doesn't have a very good chance considering that John Bolton is also a contender.

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:22 PM »
No surprise about the lefty officers. Think about it, they've spent their entire life having every decision laid out for them, from the most complex being laid out in regulations and doctrine right down to what to where being specified by the orders of the day. You don't get to high rank by taking responsibility, rather by passing it off, just like Oblama.

I made a similar point to the good Captain some years back in reminding him that his 34 years in the Navy blinded his views of "real" life under the boot heels of the Federal over reach... 

Same guy also tried to tell me that Vermont was one of the first 13 states....ROFLMAO!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 02:20:18 PM »
I read a Mattis quote somewhere else but I can't vouch for it.
He supposedly said to his men, "When you go home and encounter a war protester, look him in the eye and shake his hand. Then look over at his girlfriend and give her a wink, because she knows she's dating a pussy."
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk