Author Topic: Ammo Prices Post-Election  (Read 13619 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Ammo Prices Post-Election
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 06:55:09 AM »
Yesterday Cabela's had brass cased, boxer primed Fiocchi 115 Gr. FMJ 9 MM for $9.99 a box with no limit. I bought 6 boxes. I didn't really need it, but I had a $10.00 off coupon so that knocked it down to just $8.32 a box. There were people carrying cases of the stuff up to the registers. They had 2 pallets of it in the aisle. And I don't doubt several more in the back, because they left the pallet jack right next to it.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Aha!  Palmetto State Armory just put 55 grain American Eagle 223 out on "Black Friday" sale for $299 today.  The 500 round Tula spam can in 223 that just came in...still $189. 

This is the new normal...maybe a bit high.  However, most of their other sale prices reflected their costs from weeks ago....to their credit still cheaper than many of their competitors were. 

The reality of lower ammo prices still doesn't appear to have sunk in....that or AR component pricing.

I did see MagPul mags under $10 somewhere...did not say which generation but it looked like G2 to me.

Sportsmans Guide had the Wolf 5.56 "military" (un-coated, vs the WPA which is poly coated steel) on sale for $105 per 500.... which is down from the $130 I paid last month (that is with the 10% mark-up for non-member and free shipping).

Walmart has the TulAmmo for $5.84 per box.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 05:01:42 PM »
And gun prices, especially AR build parts?

AIM this afternoon is offering for $139, no shipping charge.

Anderson A3 Uppser (no dust cover)
AIM Bolt Carrier Group
Charging Handle

I suspect the deals will get better come 1/17

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 07:20:34 PM »
Complete AR-15 with forward assist for just $469.00. I remember when they were more than a Ruger Mini 14. Now they're half as much. Prices are plummeting.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/dpms-panther-oracle-rifle-rfa3oc-223-remington556-nato-collapsible-stock-black-finish-p-120958.html

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Ever Run This Ammo Brand??? Re: Ammo Prices Post-Election
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 05:49:27 AM »
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AHSAM1905

Hotshot Elite from Slovak Republic.  9MM at $180/1000 rounds.

Anyone ever use this stuff?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:28:05 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 08:12:41 AM »
My Google Foo couldn't bring up anything particularly bad, or good, about it.  Been around for a while as I find comments going back to 2009.  Back then ammo was in short supply and  it was priced at $325.  But then so was most 9mm if you could find it.
Will work for ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2016, 01:40:32 AM »
The Armory has 223 Wolf gold at $298/1000 rds.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2016, 08:17:36 AM »
Primers, especially Federal Small Pistol are scarce.

Just got an email flyer from Brunos and they had Fed 100s so I bought 5k.  Trouble is, with shipping and hazmat they're 5.1 cents apiece, not my normal 3.  At least I have some in stock now as I was getting low.
Will work for ammo

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »
Complete AR-15 with forward assist for just $469.00. I remember when they were more than a Ruger Mini 14. Now they're half as much. Prices are plummeting.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/dpms-panther-oracle-rifle-rfa3oc-223-remington556-nato-collapsible-stock-black-finish-p-120958.html

Yep...... just wait 'til the week after Christmas and the seasonal buying fuss is over.

Sportsman's Guide sent an email today advertising an Anderson AR complete for $449 (upper ships direct to you and lower to FFL).

They have been selling for around $525 to $600 (depending on brand) for the last six months through a few small-operation local FFLs in my area....I calculate those prices to also begin to drop.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2016, 02:16:01 PM »
Been on the notification list of several vendors for Federal Small Pistol Primers.

Got an email from Reloading Unlimited that they had these in stock.  They sent the email at 2:44pm and I got it a 4:44pm.   Went directly to their web site and "Out of Stock.  No Backorder."

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk