Author Topic: It's Trump!  (Read 2381 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It's Trump!
« on: November 09, 2016, 04:37:17 AM »
Trump wins it!
I posted on one of MB's Facebook posts, but I'm doing it here....Michael thank you for your "yuge" efforts on behalf of our 2A rights. Your unwavering resolve was inspiring. You sold out on the cause and you had an effect.

Trump won, not because he's a great guy, but because he was NOT Hillary. So don't gloat too much. However I'll take just a moment to gloat over two things I said previously. First, as he made potty mouth mistake after mistake, I SAID that he would "grow into" the job. He has done that, and his acceptance speech was very Presidential. Second, after he had won the primary I told everyone who would listen that " Trump isn't a great guy and he has a lot of faults, but he KNOWS how to GET SH*T DONE".  And he did. Of course, he had some help from the dems, repubs, the media, the DNC, the DOJ, and Hollywood who, with their combined strength, could not drag their stinking corpse of a candidate across the finish line.

Now let's get on with cleaning up that Supreme Court and get over the top with our gun rights.

I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: It's Trump!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 09:01:49 AM »
I agree, Jay.

As with any politician, you have to wait and see if they will attempt to do what they said they would.

With Trump, if he does attempt it, he has a better chance of "getting it done", as you have said, then the rest.....even though he will be likely fighting both the Dems and the GOP controlled House and Senate  (this will also be a chance to see what is the real nature of the GOP...if we haven't already)

Let us see how he manages to hold their feet to the fire.  I am rooting for his not giving a crap about Established Politics to find ways to force consensus to his goals.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 11:11:48 AM »
A couple things speak to Trump getting things done...

When he announced his candidacy no one gave him much of a chance--especially with 16 other seemingly better choices.  I mentioned elsewhere that he was not even in my top 15, beating out only Bush.

But, he stated he would be victorious in the primary and, lo and behold, he was.

No one gave him much of a chance against the exceedingly well-organized Hil-liar-y.  But he said he would be victorious. And, once again, he was.

He has made a number of promises, among them, the repeal of Odamna care; the restructuring of the tax code; the enforcement of immigration law; building a wall with Mexico footing the bill; bringing jobs back to America.  And a number of other things.  Starting January 20, 2017 we will begin to see what we have wrought.

I think he will not disappoint.  We've got the House and the Senate--at least to the degree the elected RINO pukes will stand firm to their commitments to faithfully represent their constituents.  There should be no stopping him. I have a feeling Ford is already re-thinking sending their small car division to Mexico in the face of a 35% duty on re-importation.

All I can say to all of this is buckle up, sunshine.  It's going to be one helluva a ride.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 11:20:34 AM »
I am that hopeful Crusader.

I especially noted his look/attitude when saying Mexico would pay for the wall.   Other politicians reactions seemed to say "Oh sure...hand them a bill for the wall and they will rush to pay it  hahaha".

But Trump was so quietly confident, I believe he will do something like find the (legal) product Mexico exports most or most profitably to the US and impose tariffs/taxes or other charges they will be forced to pay and that will finance the wall.   

He simply will not care about his or the US "image" with the world.  He will get the job done and that will be the best image that could be projected for us.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk