Author Topic: Media's Role  (Read 3469 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
Media's Role
« on: September 28, 2016, 08:59:47 AM »
I was watching CNN (Clinton News Network) this morning, and put together a couple thoughts based off what I saw and what they admitted:

1.  After 15 minutes of bashing Trump's foundation and the flow of money, they finally stated they never realized that they would be covering two candidates with so many skeletons and possible criminal activities.  WOW!  They finally admitted there are issues with the Clintons.

2.  Since when do we care about what a promoter of a beauty contest cares about a person's physical appearance?  Does it matter that a president of this nation thinks a person who gains 50 pounds, a nearly 50% weight gain, has an issue or has changed from what they were when selected for a position based on beauty?  By the way, phrase it differently, and Mrs. BHO would be all over it as a health and nutrition problem.

3.  CNN talked about the power and importance of late night TV in the process.  They talked about the exposure and interview process.  However, they also talked about the power of the spin in satire.  Warning:  I have not checked the following out yet, but - CNN stated and claims that Sarah Palin was affected by negatively, because she was a dream for satire fodder.  According to CNN Sarah never said "I can see Russia from my house."  They stated that that was Tina Fay in a satire piece on SNL, and that it stuck.  Dumbed Down America taken advantage of!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Media's Role
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
Sadly the media is completely gone over the dark side. They occasionally mention that Hillary has a "Credibility Problem" but never delve into why, except for the vast right wing conspiracy stuff.

The same people who are bashing Trump about his chubby comments or the 400 pound hacker comment, have NO PROBLEM whatsoever foisting fat jokes ad nauseum about Chris Christie. Liberals are hypocritical whores and dim-witted asses. For as much education some of them have you'd think they could figure out a few things, but NO. They are cannon fodder.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 01:11:08 PM »
The thing about Sarah Palin being trashed for Tina Fey's joke is true. I'm surprised CNN would admit it.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 01:36:36 PM »
I could do some yard work, I could wash the truck, I could wash out the trailer, I could ..., but I have decided to rest and read a little.  What would the media do today if JFK were running.  After all, he is one of their chosen party.  However, let's look at just four of the items I like about him:

1.  "Ask not what your Country can do for you, but what you can do for your Country."

2.  Put a man on the moon before the end of the decade.

3.  Super sonic air travel.

4.  Nose to nose in a show of strength and determination with Russia.

Points two and three were challenges he laid before the people and industry.  True, there was a lot of public money there, but he set goals for us, and even after he was gone they were completed.

I believe that if a person stepped up to the podium today and said #1, put out challenges #2 & #3, or did #4, the media would crucify them.  We have put our hope, trust, and future in a bunch of idealistic, self righteous, talking heads who create controversy for the sheer sake of raising our view their own importance.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:03:34 AM »
They'd shoot him in the head again.
Never forget that the so called "free,and impartial" media was one of the oldest vectors of leftist subversion dating back to the 1920's and NYT reporter claiming reports of a Ukrainian famine were lies to make Russia look bad.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:19:36 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
I forgot to add number #5:  JFK was a member of the NRA, and an advocate for not only competition but also self defense and preparedness.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »
And you wonder why a leftist shot him in the head ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk