Author Topic: Some people...  (Read 20535 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Some people...
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 10:25:21 PM »
read the version as of jan 1 2016  reread it... I bold some important texts   so yes, a sign is enough and the punishment increases if you do not leave.

<Text of (a) effective until January 1, 2016> (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder: (1) carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, [FN1] on property of another without effective consent;  and (2) received notice that: (A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden;  or (B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart. <Text of (a) effective January 1, 2016> (a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder: (1) carries a concealed handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code,  [FN1] on property of another without effective consent;  and (2) received notice that:(A) entry on the property by a license holder with a concealed handgun was forbidden;  or(B) remaining on the property with a concealed handgun was forbidden and failed to depart. (b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice to the person by oral or written communication. (c) In this section: (1) “Entry” has the meaning assigned by Section 30.05(b). (2) “License holder” has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035(f). (3) “Written communication” means: <Text of (c)(3)(A) effective until Jan. 1, 2016> (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by holder of license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”;  or <Text of (c)(3)(A) effective Jan. 1, 2016> (A) a card or other document on which is written language identical to the following:  “Pursuant to Section 30.06, Penal Code (trespass by license holder withof license to carry a concealed handgun), a person licensed under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code (concealed handgun licensing law), may not enter this property with a concealed handgun”;  or (B) a sign posted on the property that: (i) includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish; (ii) appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height;  and (iii) is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public. <Text of (d) effective until January 1, 2016> (d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor. <Text of (d) effective January 1, 2016> (d) An offense under this section is a Class C misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed $200, except that the offense is a Class A misdemeanor if it is shown on the trial of the offense that, after entering the property, the license holder was personally given the notice by oral communication described by Subsection (b) and subsequently failed to depart. (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity and is not a premises or other place on which the license holder is prohibited from carrying the handgun under Section 46.03 or 46.035. - See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-30-06.html#sthash.eAlKEcn9.dpuf

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 06:57:54 AM »
TILL  1/1/16 not "as of"

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2016, 07:43:36 AM »
TILL  1/1/16 not "as of"

"as of" or "until..."

Picky, picky, picky. ;D

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:36 AM »
It's a waste of time because TAB is stuck in his regulation rut.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:27:39 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2016, 12:35:05 PM »
I go back to comprehension:  TAB just doesn't understand plain English.  Beyond that, he is an anti (gun, ferrdom, Constitution) zealot.   Trading your freedoms for fear of lawsuit falls right in line with trading them for a false sense of security.

Since you fear lawsuits so deeply, TAB, are you well prepared to shell out when someone you have stripped of self defense is harmed?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2016, 12:57:26 PM »
TAB,
Check out Michael Bane's comments on a former American Rifleman writer and his support of Hillary for President.  Think of all that can go wrong there, and compare it to where your thinking takes us.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2016, 02:42:06 PM »
Besides, the 30.06 clearly states that if you're informed of the signage and you LEAVE the premises, you're good to go and no charges would be forthcoming.

Big deal...

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »
Fortunately I, and TAB, live in Oregon where we can carry ANYWHERE but a Federal building and a courthouse.  The signs don't carry any weight, the only recourse any business has is to ask you to leave if they think you have violated their policy.  If you don't leave you can be charged with Tresspass with a firearm.  As for employees, I don't think you are resonsible for recklessness or willful misconduct (like violating a company policy of shooting oneself in the buttocks). http://www.adamsdrafting.com/negligence-and-gross-negligence/
He who dares wins.  SAS

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2016, 04:22:05 PM »
Fortunately I, and TAB, live in Oregon where we can carry ANYWHERE but a Federal building and a courthouse.  The signs don't carry any weight, the only recourse any business has is to ask you to leave if they think you have violated their policy.  If you don't leave you can be charged with Tresspass with a firearm.  As for employees, I don't think you are resonsible for recklessness or willful misconduct (like violating a company policy of shooting oneself in the buttocks). http://www.adamsdrafting.com/negligence-and-gross-negligence/

Georgia is very similar, but now we can carry in municipal buildings (including courthouses) if there is not a manned metal detector. As soon as the law passed, our county administration building and courthouse installed detectors and pay SO deputies to man them during business hours.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk