Author Topic: Where the heck is Bane?  (Read 3396 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
Where the heck is Bane?
« on: August 29, 2016, 07:59:12 PM »
I haven't seen a post on his blog since the 16th.  Did he go back overseas to film or something?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where the heck is Bane?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »
http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2016/08/just-havent-been-in-mood-for-writing.html

Sorry…spinning up the new seasons of SG and TBD, along with SHOOTING GALLERY ONLINE on My Outdoor TV (myoutdoortv.com). Doubly hard dealing with rehab and now training, but I'm getting better and better. And yes, I might have ever so slightly understated how dinged up I really was…LOL! Television eats the weak.

We're moving forward on building a studio here on the Secret Hidden Bunker Ranch to film SHOOTING GALLERY ONLINE. Marshal and I have been working toward this for a long time, and I want to blaze some new trails on the Internet.

THE BEST DEFENSE/MASS CASUALTY EVENT airs on 28 September and encores on 2 November…it is the best work my team has ever done, and I unconditionally believe it will save lives. The 46-minute "Director's Cut" will appear on MOTV, along with complete interviews with our experts. It was touch and go to get it on the air, but I have never been prouder of anything I've done.

I'm going to shoot my first 3-Gun math next month…I'll be sow, but I'll be there. I'm also committed to shooting USPSA Carry Optics and the IDPA Glock 19 category (sorry Joyce…can't remember all the acronyms). Richard Mann from SHOOTING ILLUSTRATED and EmptyCases.com, Joh Carter, my producer at SHOOTING GALLERY and me are going to Africa next June for the very first SCOUT RIFLE SAFARI…my custom .338 Federal Ruger Frontier Scout for the safari is coming along great, with the help of my good friend Freddie Blish of ROBAR. We'll film the whole thing, and IT WILL ROCK!

Sorry to have been absent! I do have a vacation in Scotland coming up in an month or so, but I'll fill you all in on that. I am going to Culloden Moor and tip my hat to the McBane or McBane, who fell there. I'll also be headed to the Isle of Skye to tip my hat to the Talisker distillery. It is the single malt of the gods.

Wail till you see the SGO review of the Angstadt Arms 9mm pistol…it is nothing short of amazing!
Just started working with the Honor Defense 9mm for SGO.

I swear, I'll try not to fall on ass again!

Thanks for caring.

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 05:56:16 AM »
Distillery ?
Bet your hat isn't all that gets tipped. ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:20:34 AM »
I swear, I'll try not to fall on ass again!       Michael B

Hell, I wish I could take pride in injuring myself like that. Yesterday I was trying to move a full laundry hamper away from the wall, and twisted something in my back. I can hardly move. I'd feel better if I accidently shot myself with a .458!

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:33:33 AM »
Well good deal.  I was afraid infection or old age had set in.

Very much looking forward to the mass casualty event on TV.  Director's cut too.

I wish Best Defense Survival was still running.  That flood that affected so many people I know in Louisiana is a good example of something happening no one thought could ever happen.  The town I grew up in has been populated by literate people since the 1700's and there is no record of flood...yet it did and it did flood severely.  It's also a lesson in people helping one another as opposed to waiting for the government to show up.....I'm just saying.

Careful mixing malt with distilled spirits....I'm just sayin'....

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:47:49 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:47:16 PM »
 No record of flood ?
Probably because no one thought it was worthwhile recording an annual event.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 04:25:03 PM »
No record of flood ?
Probably because no one thought it was worthwhile recording an annual event.

No, a flood just never happened for most of the areas affected.  Not even close.  The ones prone to flooding every 50 years or so everyone knows about.  This must have been one of those 250 or 500 year floods they talk about. 

At least no floods in my hometown since just before the old Spanish Fort was built late in the late 1700's.   No records from the French before either....they traipsed up to the area in the late 1600's and early 1700's.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:05:05 AM »
I wish THE BEST DEFENSE/SURVIVAL was still running, too. Given the present state of the world, we need it more than ever.

Am currently stocking up on reloading components and specialty ammo...ATF actions are intended to drive ammo cost through the roof. BTW, am thinking of changing from 165-gr GMX .308 to 179-gr ELDX Hornadys...gonna run some tests next week in my RGS. Also, I think I've fallen out of love with .300 Blackout. If I want to thwack the crap out of something, I'd go with the .458 SOCOM, and the .338 Federal is just to me a far more versatile cartridge in the AR-10 platform.

Also also, am looking a going to a 9mm AR with Glock mags for the car gun. The interchangeability of magazines is compelling. Look at Angstadt Arms. Have settled on G19 as the ultimate Propper pistol...boring as crap, dirt common, inexpensive, shoots well, conceals well, can be maintained by a moderately intelligent hamster. I have a standing order at Lipsey's for the next gen Vickers Glock G19... Best out of the box Glocks I've ever shot. Hackathorn has a standing order for 2. Last batch of 5k guns sold out in 48 hours. I keep my eyes open for used G19s cheap, and I've been lucky once.

More later...today was Bicycle Day and my legs are reminding me of that!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »
Are you referring to the nitrocellulose initiative in this thread:  http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=31765.0
or the ATF efforts in general?

About time people woke up to the Blackout....I've always liked that SOCOM round!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk