Author Topic: Gabe Suarez Newsletter -- The Knife in Counter Terrorism  (Read 5178 times)

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
Re: Gabe Suarez Newsletter -- The Knife in Counter Terrorism
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »
Gee that sucks.  Automatic knives are a no-no here too...but the worst that happens is that the cop takes them home with him and you have to buy another.

Same way for double edges in Michigan????
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

The Down Range TV Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »

jumbofrank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 10:25:25 pm »
Gee that sucks.  Automatic knives are a no-no here too...but the worst that happens is that the cop takes them home with him and you have to buy another.

Same way for double edges in Michigan????

I believe a double edge knife is considered a concealed weapon and you can't get a permit for one. I wouldn't want to get caught with one anyway. As far as longer than 3" blades are concerned they made me destroy my 4" knife on the spot when I was caught carrying one. I've had another knife get confiscated that I don't think ever got turned in when I was a kid. Switchblades are only legal if you only have one hand. I don't know what would happen if I was caught with one. I think they'd just keep it for themselves. You can get a permit to carry a concealed pistol but not a decent size knife.
THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE
A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher.

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 07:30:52 am »
How about swords?  Can you have those?  Kitchen knives (ok, being a smart ass here)?

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 07:32:45 pm »
just looked at this forum...for a neck knife with a "friendly" profile, you might look at the ESEE Izula....

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 06:02:01 am »
I finally got back to this thread and no picture.  Les, what knife was in the picture?

PegLeg45

• Chuck Goins: NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 03:38:12 pm »
I finally got back to this thread and no picture.  Les, what knife was in the picture?

https://eseeknives.com/knives/esee-knives/izula/

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined...The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun."~Patrick Henry

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

"We are far out on a limb......the wind is blowing, people have saws....and the tree is old." ~ PegLeg

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 01:07:11 am »
I have an Izula. Not a poor choice for a neck knife. Donít use with a finger in the hole, this isnít a skinning knife.
If you want to carry a longer knife Ďupstairsí, know that you can get a shoulder holster/sheath system. The Mercharness allows most sheaths designed for neck use to be mounted in your armpit.  Iíve used one to carry a heavy Krein fixed blade, but found it more comfortable with something on the opposite side as a counterweight.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 06:40:05 am »
Thanks Peg!  Now I see.  8)

Overload...buddy...good to see you back on the forum.  I was totally unaware of this carry system.  That's really cool.  You've just opened up a whole new training routine when I saw that. 

I wonder what Michael Janich can add to this for training? 

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 12:20:04 am »

I wonder what Michael Janich can add to this for training?

I assume a Spyderco FP09GP2 Ronin 2.
Thereís a folder too, the C85GP Yojimbo 2.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Rastus

• Join the NRA ! Today!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 09:51:08 am »
I was not clear as I read back...I was more interested in what kind of training for the Mercharness system you mentioned.  I had never seen nor considered such a system with an inverted knife.  But I like it...I think!

Also, where do you guys go to get the best price online for buying knives?