Author Topic: Why Are Voters So Angy  (Read 1867 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Why Are Voters So Angy
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:07:31 PM »
I just discovered an article in the City Journal.   I don't know much about the publication, but if this article is any indication, I'm going to like it very much.   It's a very long treatise, but oh so gets the blood pressure up.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/why-are-voters-so-angry-14607.html

Why Are Voters So Angry?
They want self-government back.
Myron Magnet
Summer 2016 Politics and law

We have lost the government we learned about in civics class, with its democratic election of representatives to do the voters’ will in framing laws, which the president vows to execute faithfully, unless the Supreme Court rules them unconstitutional. That small government of limited powers that the Founders designed, hedged with checks and balances, hasn’t operated for a century.

What has now largely displaced the Founders’ government is what’s called the Administrative State—a transformation premeditated by its main architect, Woodrow Wilson. The thin-skinned, self-righteous college-professor president, who thought himself enlightened far beyond the citizenry, dismissed the Declaration of Independence’s inalienable rights as so much outmoded “nonsense,” and he rejected the Founders’ clunky constitutional machinery as obsolete.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk