Author Topic: Federal Reciprocity  (Read 9525 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: Federal Reciprocity
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2016, 09:54:43 AM »
Any indication on your license is a de facto registration.

Here's one of those rare times when I have to disagree with you, Tom. 

As I see this, all drivers' licenses would be issued with a mark that confirms eligibility to purchase-own-carry a firearm UNLESS the licensee has forfeited those rights by committing a felony, domestic offense, or some other disqualifying factor. 

Under those circumstances, the mark would be missing. 

Upon conviction of a qualifying offense, the licensee would be issued a new license and the old license with the confirming mark would be destroyed. 

Just because you might have the confirmation mark on your driver's license would have nothing to to do with whether or not you own a firearm.  It would simply confirm that you MAY LEGALLY OWN a firearm.

No firearm records would be associated with your license.  No enforcement bureaucracy would need be created to enforce anything since the DL Bureau already exists as do the court systems.  Upon conviction, you would surrender your license and be issued a new one with no confirmation mark.

Simple, huh?

Hazcat came up with this idea some years ago.  Seems to me it's all benefit and no unwanted impact on gun ownership.

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 10:36:51 AM »
CR gets it, except I propose the opposite:  innocent until proven guilty - Mark your I'D when you have forfeited your rights.

We already do this for driving:  You forfeit your privilege to drive, and something is done immediately to your license to indicate an issue, your temporary designates the change, and your new permanent is marked.  Immediate verification for all who need to know.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 11:22:13 AM »
Now that MA has made it illegal to give illegal immigrants driver's licenses, (the previous admin (D) was pushing it down the road), your previous ideas may work.  MA still requires that all firearms bought in the state be registered with the bureau as are ALL private handgun sales..

The registry exists, we all know it does regardless of what the .govs say!

Long road..

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
There is no need for marks or anything on a DL.

The 2nd Amendment is the sole authority for Federal Reciprocity.
If you can own a gun, you should be able to carry that gun....ANYWHERE.

If I am a law-abiding citizen with the right to own and possess a firearm, I shouldn't have to bear the responsibility of providing on the spot proof.
If I break the law and am detained for any reason, the same information is available to the police that is used when background checks are performed at the time a gun is purchased. The burden is on them to determine the validity of possession.

Background checks should remain a standard for purchase with no waiting period and no fee.
This is the one area that does make sense as a safety net.

CCW permits become optional, and like in Georgia, possession of said permit removes the need for NICS check at purchase.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
What did the founders regulate ?
Not a damned thing.
 Not repeaters, like the "Puckle gun", not state of the art naval guns, not mortars, nothing.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 04:31:32 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 02:27:30 PM »
That is where I'm headed Tom!  Reciprocity frst, 1934 second (along with other crap), and finally Constitutional Carry.

Each step I laid out in my first post was neutral to looser nationwide.  In the political realm it is unwise to go for every thing  in a single step, but rather to take step after step until you reach the end goal.  That is how other changes and our losses have happened and how we must take them back.

Step one is no Clinton in office and maximum power in the Legislative  Branch.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2016, 06:02:37 AM »
That is where I'm headed Tom!  Reciprocity frst, 1934 second (along with other crap), and finally Constitutional Carry.

Each step I laid out in my first post was neutral to looser nationwide.  In the political realm it is unwise to go for every thing  in a single step, but rather to take step after step until you reach the end goal.  That is how other changes and our losses have happened and how we must take them back.

Step one is no Clinton in office and maximum power in the Legislative  Branch.

That's step one to keeping an actual country, never mind rights.

tombogan03884

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2016, 06:32:30 AM »
I ran across a "Forgotten Weapons" video where Ian discusses the fact that educational efforts, and museums are only possible because of the 2A.
I was going to link to it but found another of his videos I had to watch, then another, at this rate I'll never get my E mail out of the way.  LOL.

tombogan03884

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »
Found it !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk