Author Topic: I Don't Believe in Radical Islamists  (Read 7213 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
I Don't Believe in Radical Islamists
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:19:46 PM »
Been kicking this idea around and thought I'd get some feedback and ideas from you guys.    I'm still working on it and want to make a 500 word editorial out of it.

Here's the basic premise.

Radical Islam is a redundant term.   Islam is by definition a terroristic, homophobic, misogynistic belief system.   Those who claim Islam is a religion of peace are deluding themselves and are outside the mainstream of believers.

I feel better now having committed that to paper.  Took me about 30 minutes to phrase it as above.

Comments, additions, thoughts?

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Timothy

Re: I Don't Believe in Radical Islamists
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 05:23:20 PM »
Need about 470 more words...  Other than that, it's a good start!

:)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:07:28 PM »
maybe change the word   "claim"  to "believe"

You can claim Islam is a religion of peace with out deluding yourself ...you can be lying

There might be a better word than "definition".   Might be "it's tenets"  or "it's teachings"  or "it' dogma" 

The definition of Islam

Is·lam
isˈläm,izˈläm/
noun
noun: Islam

the religion of the Muslims, a monotheistic faith regarded as revealed through Muhammad as the Prophet of Allah.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 05:56:37 AM »
The idea of peaceful Islam ignores 1400 years of history.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 06:02:13 AM »
The idea of peaceful Islam ignores 1400 years of history.

DING!     DING!     DING!     DING!     DING!

WE HAVE SELECTED THE WINNER FOLKS
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:37:05 PM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 08:06:18 AM »
Thank you, Solus.   Reworded it some.   And it moves the onus off of me to define Islam, allowing me to point to the 10 major Islamic countries and their application of Islamic law. 

The idea is to turn around the media's constant chant that the radicalists are a minor, aberration of an otherwise peaceful religion.  In a small, terse statement I want to plant the idea that they are the norm and the "good" Muslims are the minority.

Radical Islam is a redundant term.   Islam. by the way it is practiced, is a barbaric, homophobic, misogynistic belief system.   Muslims who believe it is a religion of peace are deluding themselves and are the ones outside the mainstream of believers.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

nosimij

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 11:42:30 AM »
Not trying to start a riot, I do NOT support or condone.  With luck that will keep me off the bad guy list, but I want to share an observation I have made recently.  It starts with the question of "what did the god fearing peace loving Christians of the middle ages do?"  We sent nights to destroy Muslims and we call it the crusades.  This was in 1095 - 1291 (According to Google search). Mohamed 's life was 570 through 632.  Was the crusades a response to the original teachings of Mohamed, the treatment of Christians in the holy land, or jut the existence of the Muslims?  I do not know what drove the knights to mount up and ride east to retake the holy land, but this could be revenge for the crusades and the hundreds of years of poor treatment since. 

Do not get me wrong I am trying to understand and rationalize.  There may be no rational thought here and I know that a reason why will not stop a bullet or a bomb blast.  I just do not want to hate, even though this does appear to be driven by hate wrapped in religion. I do not think there is a good answer here.  This is one other way that this country, not to mention the rest of the world, is being sub divided to drive us apart. 

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »
Tom B.,  do you happen to recall the reason the Crusades were done?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2016, 12:31:08 PM »
I posted this website on another thread, but it seems like it would go well here, too.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

And, here is another website that deserves some exposure. 

https://www.jihadwatch.org/

Anytime your loving nature compels you to have kind thoughts about mooslums and their wharped ideology, just crack open one of these websites and review some of the loving and peaceful things these spawns of Satan have been up to of late. 

If these fail to help you re-focus, you're probably a Clintonista and there is no hope for you.

And nosimij, you might consider looking at the actual history of the Crusades to give yourself some perspective; and while you're at it, review the first mooslum invasion of Europe.  It will give you a better appreciation of the religion of peace.

And before you start in with the "Christians did some pretty barbaric things, too," please note that we Christians had a "reformation" which brought our faith out of the middle ages.  We don't stone whores or adulterers anymore.  We don't burn nonbelievers to death.  We don't throw men who sleep with other men from high buildings to their death below (or murder them in an Orlando gay club).  We don't chop off the hands of thieves.  Protestants don't regularly execute Roman Catholics.  Methodists don't kill Baptists. But Wahhabi adherents regularly kill Sunni believers and Shi'ite practitioners happily murder Wahhabi believers.  And we don't regularly deny the Holocaust or proclaim that all Jews should be eradicated.   Yet, even those faithful mooslums who claim to be peaceful find all of these actions to be acceptable because they are consistent with Shariah.

And Alf, good luck in your efforts.  Writing scintillating prose and finding that perfect turn of phrase can be rewarding on their own. However, I would also note that trying to explain that which has no rational explanation can be frustrating in the extreme.  It's probably why writers drink.

FWIW

Crusader Rabbit

“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »
Tom B.,  do you happen to recall the reason the Crusades were done?

On it  LOL

Not trying to start a riot, I do NOT support or condone.  With luck that will keep me off the bad guy list, but I want to share an observation I have made recently.  It starts with the question of "what did the god fearing peace loving Christians of the middle ages do?"  We sent nights to destroy Muslims and we call it the crusades.  This was in 1095 - 1291 (According to Google search). Mohamed 's life was 570 through 632.  Was the crusades a response to the original teachings of Mohamed, the treatment of Christians in the holy land, or jut the existence of the Muslims?  I do not know what drove the knights to mount up and ride east to retake the holy land, but this could be revenge for the crusades and the hundreds of years of poor treatment since. 

Do not get me wrong I am trying to understand and rationalize.  There may be no rational thought here and I know that a reason why will not stop a bullet or a bomb blast.  I just do not want to hate, even though this does appear to be driven by hate wrapped in religion. I do not think there is a good answer here.  This is one other way that this country, not to mention the rest of the world, is being sub divided to drive us apart. 

There were 3 primary factors driving the Crusades,none were specificity "religious".
1st, was the robbery, abuse, and murder of of pilgrims attempting to visit the Holy land in violation of treaties promising their protection and safe transit.
The 2nd  factor was the end of the wars in Europe leaving hordes of unemployed knights roaming around looting and pillaging for their own profit.
The 3rd factor was the conquest of Spain by the Muslims.
The Pope at the time felt the best way to solve the problem of Muslim aggression would be to send those renegade knights on a spoiling attack to divert the Muslim's from further European gains and the mistreatment of the pilgrims gave him the excuse he needed to carry it out.
As for the "poor treatment since then" the tiniest amount of research will show you that the abuse was at the hands of their own leaders and had nothing to do with the outside world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk