Author Topic: Michael PLEASE comment  (Read 5097 times)

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Michael PLEASE comment
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
Lately you have been going on about practicing distance head shots due to a suicide vest bomber possibly going BOOM if shot COM. 

Please take a look at this - here is one of the bombers being shot center of mass at the Istanbul Ataturk Airport - he DID NOT go BOOM - he fell down unfortunately did push the button, but the people appear to be clear -

But the basis of shoot them they detonate premature may need to be reviewed - if nothing else to precondition the statement that a COM shot on a suicide vest MAY or MAY NOT go boom.

Several links - as I suck at linking on the internet.

https://twitter.com/sco1905/status/747902680220205056

http://heavy.com/news/2016/06/suicide-bomber-isis-islamic-state-terrorist-shot-wounded-detonates-self-istanbul-ataturk-airport-explosion-full-uncensored-youtube-twitter-video/

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Re: Michael PLEASE comment
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:05:59 PM »

Some reports claim he was shot in the hip. Anyhow, we'll queue this as a possible topic for next week's DR Radio.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:20:48 PM »
The conundrum here is the same one we face every day -- we place our bets   and we take our chances.

Chaos is the rule rather than the exception. The device doesn't go off because the remote controller for the remote controlled car is 6 feet ot of range. A shot in the vest doesn't trigger the vest (although, like Marshal, I think the shot was low. The vest is wired to a deadman switch and triggers as soon as the hand releases.

I have no answers.

We'll talk about this Wednesday, because you have identified an important topic.

Meanwhile:

Practice
Buy ammo
Carry extra magazines
Carry a tourniquet and combat bandages
Never let your situational awareness drop
and finally, never ever forget that
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

mb
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 05:59:34 AM »
Te point of hooting them in the head is to prevent them from triggering the bombvest.
This guy was not sot in the head and he did trigger his vest.
I don't see the problem .
As far as I see it validates MB's argument.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 07:02:01 AM »
I re-read my post and hope it did not come off as YOU WILL EXPLAIN!!!! "attack"
Just wanted input to see if this will change the thought process at all.

My problem is money - need the good stuff to put the red dot on the G26, second my G26 is Gen 3 so not ready for the optic - so that is a new slide.
The the cost of the optic.

My eyes... they do suck (old man eyes) slow to focus, slow to transition light/dark, distance clarity down.
Best I can shoot for (yah pun intended) is put a big dot and keep shooting.

- Thanks all.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:43:57 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 08:20:33 AM »
I've been practicing across the living room with an Air soft pistol I picked up for about $15 .

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:34 AM »
I've upgraded my car kit to a small sling bag, and added another Israeli dressing and a couple more magazines....an Advantage Arms .22lr conversion kit for the Glock gets 100 rounds at 25y weekly

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 01:04:50 PM »
I've gone through this with our local LEO who wears plainclothes every Sunday.    The standing orders are to take the perp out as soon as possible, by whatever means.     If you can make the head shot, good.  If you can make the body shot, go for it.  Just DO SOMETHING to stop or slow down the perp. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 853
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 06:03:25 PM »
I've gone through this with our local LEO who wears plainclothes every Sunday.    The standing orders are to take the perp out as soon as possible, by whatever means.     If you can make the head shot, good.  If you can make the body shot, go for it.  Just DO SOMETHING to stop or slow down the perp.

At the risk of being labeled and a quote being taken out of context I hang on to this - Just do something!

I know that within this group it won't be an issue, and we will all agree.  I am sick and tired of the media and anti's ranting over and over with the "a good guy with a gun" sound bite.  However, have you ever once heard anyone say there were too many good people fighting back against the bad guy?

Prepare, practice, keep a mindset, and pray you never need it.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 447
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 07:46:07 PM »
Might be a good time to resurrect the link to Avoid, Deny, Defend.   A program developed out of Texas State.  (I don't know why, well maybe because I went to boot camp in TX.  Or maybe it was my 18 months in Houston, but like Texas schools.)

http://www.avoiddenydefend.org/

This program is taught by numerous police departments to teachers and others.   Our local Marietta PD, emphasizes that credo as part of the program.  DON'T JUST BE A VICTIM.  DO SOMETHING.   And obviously, being armed as an additional dimension to what you do.

And to add our Suarez-Bane Credo.   YOU ARE OWN YOUR OWN.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk