Poll

Do you think the Brits leaving the European Union is a good thing or not?  Will it support the anti-establishment movement seen in the Democratic and Republican presidential campaigns?

I don't know what you are talking about, I use Prell shampoo.  I vote for whoever Joe says we oughta vote for.
0 (0%)
It is a good thing and bolsters the US anti-establishment movement.
3 (17.6%)
It is a bad thing and bolsters the US anti-establishment movement.
0 (0%)
Who would want to be against the establishment?  The guys in the establishment stuff their pockets full of money by bringing in 3rd world workers and we pay the taxes for infrastructure with what's left of our diminished earnings.  What's the problem?
0 (0%)
Who would want to be against the establishment?  Borders are crazy anyway.  I can't wait to see local tribal governments established.  In all neighborhoods.  What good was America anyway?  Why protect it's borders...did someone die and make it special?
0 (0%)
Hush.  You are here to support the overlords and masters like the Clintons, Soros, Reid, Pelosi, Boehnner, Ryan, Buffett, Gates, etc.  They are all nice people who see to it their customers and workers received their fair share of the profits.
0 (0%)
It is a good thing.  It needs to happen here times 10.  Time to throw the bums in prison for their thefts and traitorous acts.
14 (82.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: B R E X I T - - - What are your opinions on this matter?  (Read 9703 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: B R E X I T - - - What are your opinions on this matter?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »
If every one fed up with the way the GOP and Dems are running the country would vote for a 3rd party instead of trying to leave the Union, I believe things would change much faster and with less trauma than secession.   

Instead, folks hold their nose and vote for the perceived lesser of the two evils...and nothing changes  Somehow I don't think politicians give a hoot if they get voted for with noses held....they probably get a good chuckle from it.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 11:42:38 AM »
I'd like to see Texas and Oklahoma hook up and leave.  I bet Arkansas would follow.  If New Orleans wasn't in the mix, Louisiana may leave too but controlling the Mississippi River may be too much for the Fed...or the children (emotional, greedy lawyers) running the Federal government may totally miss the significance since the water is muddy and they don't have condos overlooking the Mississippi. 

Hmmm.....I guess 155 years ago the south might have actually been on to something......  ???

If every one fed up with the way the GOP and Dems are running the country would vote for a 3rd party instead of trying to leave the Union, I believe things would change much faster and with less trauma than secession.   

Instead, folks hold their nose and vote for the perceived lesser of the two evils...and nothing changes  Somehow I don't think politicians give a hoot if they get voted for with noses held....they probably get a good chuckle from it.

I can't disagree with this in principle......

BUT, how do you make it happen?
Everyone who is fed up would have to ALL be on the same page or it just hands the election over to a rep or dem on a platter.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »
Is there something about 3rd party's don't win" that you don't understand ?
Didn't you learn anything from Ross Perot ?
Young people have an excuse. You don't.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:05 PM »
Is there something about 3rd party's don't win" that you don't understand ?
Didn't you learn anything from Ross Perot ?
Young people have an excuse. You don't.

you have it backwards, Tom.

3rd parties don't win because the idiots think doing the same thing, over and over and over, even while holding there noses, will have different results.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Timothy

B R E X I T - - - What are your opinions on this matter?
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Unless and until you change the electoral college, a third party cannot win a presidential election!

The law requires 270 to win at the moment.  Just won't work...

There are three voting blocks today and just like the Patriots that fought for our country, they had 1/3 in opposition and 1/3 who didn't give a shit!  Not much has changed..  It's why independents have decided recent elections!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:58:13 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 06:04:20 AM »
Yes, itch the electoral college.
Then you peons can be ruled by your betters in NY and Ca.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 07:38:25 AM »

This is true.

The Electoral College system does need reform and consistency from state to state in the way that votes are cast, but it does not need to go away (IMHO).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
You don't have to win.

Even if all you do is draw enough votes from one candidate to change the outcome, like Perot, you have gained two things.

Unlike Perot who was a flash in the pan candidate, established 3rd parties will be there in the next election and will have candidates at all levels of government.

One of the gains is that you will have let the established parties know they need to "rethink" the issues the 3rd party supports, and

Two, you will have let other voters know that the 3rd party is "growing".

If the 3rd party just gains a few % points of the vote each presidential election, it will become more effective with time. 

Getting folks to look 15 or 20 years ahead instead of 15 or 20 months is the problem....but nothing will change with the established parties unless they do.

Another benefit of increased vote percentage is that they funds of the 3rd party can be more effectively spent.  As it is, the two major parties make it very difficult for 3rd parties to even get on the ballot.  If they haven't garnered a certain % of the preceding election vote, they  have to get a large number of signatures on petitions in each state to get on that states ballot.  And canvasing for signatures is expensive.
—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:02 AM »

Never said ditch it Tom.

BTW, we're already run by the northeast and the west coast and large metro's in between!  Heck, when was the last time NH went to a conservative, 1988?

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
You don't have to win.

Even if all you do is draw enough votes from one candidate to change the outcome, like Perot, you have gained two things.

Unlike Perot who was a flash in the pan candidate, established 3rd parties will be there in the next election and will have candidates at all levels of government.

One of the gains is that you will have let the established parties know they need to "rethink" the issues the 3rd party supports, and

Have you been living under a rock for the last 7 years ?
Yes, we do need to win. And if you saw what happened with the Tea party you would understand, THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHAT YOU THINK.
Do you know anyone who didn't oppose Obamacare ? They passed it anyway though, didn't they.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk