Author Topic: Walnut Grips Really Make A Difference !  (Read 11406 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
Walnut Grips Really Make A Difference !
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:19:17 PM »
I decided to jazz up my Beretta 92 FS 9 MM with some nice Walnut factory Beretta grips, and a little gold fill in the lettering on the slide. The bottom photo shows how it looked the day I bought it. I really like the way it turned out. I got this gun a few years back at Cabela's on sale. Plus I had one of those "$50.00 Off" coupons they sent me in the mail. I never really liked the cheap plastic grips, so I found these on Amazon for $42.00 and ordered them. They came in just 3 days.

The original screws fit, but I couldn't use the star lock washers they had installed from the factory with the plastic grips. The gold fill was from a Bonanza Gold fill kit I ordered from Midway, and had used on some other guns. It's easy to do, and it really lasts and isn't effected by cleaning solvents or oil. I did the receiver on my Remington 1100 Trap gun in silver about 40 years ago, and it still looks like the day I did it. I like doing this to plain Jane factory guns. It kind of personalizes them, and they look a lot better.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Walnut Grips Really Make A Difference !
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
All my guns are homely  :(
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1021
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:14:06 PM »
It looks good with the walnut grips.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 01:50:23 AM »
The dang thing looks much better.  I especially like the gold fill stuff. 

I'm gonna get me some of that some day....I bet it adds 10% to the value of a gun. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:26:31 AM »
The dang thing looks much better.  I especially like the gold fill stuff. 

I'm gonna get me some of that some day....
I bet it adds 10% to the value of a gun.

This is the stuff:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1100341951/forster-gold-inlay-filling-kit

Brownell's also sells it, but it's a bit more. They also have the base and the cleaner available separately, should you run out of either. They give you enough of the gold fill powder to last a lifetime.

http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/general-gunsmith-tools/engraving-tools-supplies/gold-silver-inlay-kits/bonanza-brushing-inlay-prod6633.aspx

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:08:43 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 04:57:37 PM »
Just not the 92 fan.   I will admit, though the walnut grips and other detailing does make it look better.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 10:14:49 PM »
The gold fill does look good. I wouldn't use a China marker because they aren't permanent.

P.S. You might not want to show the serial number in public if that is the serial number on the side of the frame.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 05:34:44 AM »
P.S. You might not want to show the serial number in public if that is the serial number on the side of the frame.

I've never really heard a valid reason for going through the trouble of covering it up. They display it on every new vehicle sold in America. In fact, I think it's illegal to cover an automobile VIN#. Same ticket as covering a license plate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk