Author Topic: I think this might need to be talked about.  (Read 6063 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I think this might need to be talked about.
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:52:18 PM »
The Democrats in the House of Representatives have a sit in protest to force the Republican side of the House to bring about gun control.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/22/politics/john-lewis-sit-in-gun-violence/index.html

Along with the reports on the news, we're getting crap like this.

http://gawker.com/house-democrats-hold-sit-in-to-demand-gun-control-vote-1782432366

And comments like this.

I don’t give a shit about denying anyone the ability to buy guns, even if it’s “unfair” to those people, because - unless you’re getting a single-shot rifle to hunt squirrel to feed your starving family - NO ONE SHOULD OWN ANY f....k GUNS.

Let’s stop expecting the conservatives to give and inch and start taking inches whether they like it or not.

And this

Once this bill goes into effect, enough hunters and other gun-owning non-terrorists will end up on the watchlist and be banned from gun purchases that the GOP will cry foul. But that outrage will now be focused on reforming the terror watch list itself to make it more transparent and constitutional, not in repealing the associated gun ban. Because “transparency” is an easier argument to make than “let’s let terror suspects buy guns again”.

This is a brilliant strategy that, if successful, will ultimately force Republicans to join Democrats in fixing not one but TWO problems - gun control AND the due process problems with the terror watchlist.

We don't have to wait for the election.  THIS is the new norm.  We need to keep backing up those that support and are fighting for our rights.  We need good, solid, repeatable points to counter their comments.  We need to use every tool in the shed to protect our rights.  Even if it means tacking it on legislation we don't like.

What do you say?

graywolf

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: I think this might need to be talked about.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 09:55:51 PM »
Me thinks the Sergeant of Arms should seal the House Chamber (and restrooms) and let them sit in their own s**t until they all enroll in the NRA as Life Members!  Any Republican who knuckles under to these kind of tactics should be booted out of office.  Enough is Enough.
Hannibal ad portas  Hannibal is at the gates

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 05:54:32 AM »
Remember, thee are the same assholes that were calling for the FBI  to shoot Bundy and his supporters in Oregon for occupying public property.
Now, here THEY are , occupying public property.
The Democratic party needs to go.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 06:26:57 AM »
And the RINO wing of the Repubs too.

Paul Ryan....what an a$$hole.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 983
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 10:02:39 AM »
And the RINO wing of the Repubs too.

Paul Ryan....what an a$$hole.

Yeah.... I wonder if Ryan wears the same color lipstick as Michael, er, Michelle O. ??
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:14:30 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 12:29:23 PM »
Ever notice that the reply to any accusations about Barry get an instant denial and the accusation of racism, but the allegations that "Michelle" started out as "Micheal" get dead silence.
Thing is, it wasn't JUST  one person saying it. Joan Rivers was just one of many.
Makes you wonder if there is anything about that crew that isn't a lie or illusion.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 06:37:31 PM »
Well they finally left the building, but don't be surprised if they start up again the moment they get back.

Timothy

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »
DNC or GOP, they're lying, Tom!

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 10:17:18 PM »
OK.  When Alan Dershowitz calls the Democrat's actions childish, you know it's bad.

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 05:59:34 AM »
DNC or GOP, they're lying, Tom!

I don't see GOP sulking like spoiled brats.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk