Author Topic: EOT - End of Trail 2016  (Read 6908 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: EOT - End of Trail 2016
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 06:18:05 AM »
SASS has been struggling financially.  An organization by a bunch of shooters who are interested in organized fun more than business.  Great for the game, but horrible for the business side.

That's true of many gun clubs. A lot of clubs here that were forced to shut down, had no money to move. All of them simply disappeared.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 07:42:18 AM »
Here's a link to the final scores.

http://www.sassnet.com/EoT/results.php

Negative there, Ghost Rider.   Those, as of this morning, are still 2015 results.  (Unless they're 2016 results with the heading of "2015". 

Maybe one of the reasons they're struggling is they need to pay more attention to Social Media and PR.  Even in their SASS.net forum the EOT hasn't had a posting since 6/19 and that was to ask directions.

Slick's SS posted last night that she came in 3rd Cowgirl, but won the Championship Shoot Off.  There's a FB video, but on Youtube there's a video of her losing a shoot out.   Guess I'll wait another day for updates.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »
That's true of many gun clubs. A lot of clubs here that were forced to shut down, had no money to move. All of them simply disappeared.

I just threw my hat in the ring for my club's Range Manager.  We have been around since WWII and are expanding.  You can't have fun if you don't exist and that is part of the job, marketing the club.  Yes it would be awesome to be at the range everyday working with like minded people most of the time  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:44 AM »
I don't desire being a club Range Manager or Safety Officer.  Too many yahoos out there.   I wish you the best though, if that's what you want. 

Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »

So the 2016 match results are posted.    My friend came in 3rd Cowgirl behind Sass Kicker and

http://www.sassnet.com/EoT/2016results.php

I don't see the final shootout or shootoff posted.

One of the problems with SASS is that it has so many categories.   I counted over 30 competitive shooting divisions, PLUS 35+ side matches at EOT. 

Still almost no posting about EOT on the FB page or their own forum.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:25:48 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 07:50:47 AM »
So the 2016 match results are posted.    My friend came in 3rd Cowgirl behind Sass Kicker and

http://www.sassnet.com/EoT/2016results.php

I don't see the final shootout or shootoff posted.

One of the problems with SASS is that it has so many categories.   I counted over 30 competitive shooting divisions, PLUS 35+ side matches at EOT. 

Still almost no posting about EOT on the FB page or their own forum.

The biggest issues with groups like SASS that end up causing downward trends is getting spread too thin and all the old coots and codgers that don't see a need to stay current in this world of high visibility. Facebook? We don't need no stinkin' facebook.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2016, 02:51:24 PM »
I don't desire being a club Range Manager or Safety Officer.  Too many yahoos out there.   I wish you the best though, if that's what you want.
2200'ish Members and their guests.  Pay is comparable to what I am making but I don't know about the benefits.  The job description doesn't get into much detail beyond what should be in the Pro Shop, monthly budget for range maintenance and the Inventory limit in dollars.  All day every day at the range organizing gun shows, events, marketing the club, talking guns, reloading, gun rights and competition... 8)
He who dares wins.  SAS

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 04:56:55 PM »

So Ashlynn came in 3rd Cowgirl,  BUT then in the  Shoot Offs, she won the ladies division.   Here's the Ladies championship run against 2 Sons.

THEN:

The men's champ goes against the ladies champ.    Mean ole Cody James, beat Ashlynn, but only by a couple of shots.

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk