Author Topic: 1911 TIme! Which one?  (Read 9133 times)

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1911 TIme! Which one?
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »
I shoot my guns a lot, and 1911's for a long time. Although I have not owned a Ruger, I do know a few that have and they seem to be good guns. Love my Springfield Loaded. A few years ago I took a jump and purchased the Sig 1911 Scorpion. Shot a ton and used it in competition. I would not hesitate to buy another at all.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 01:08:55 PM »
Well, like I said, I got a Colt Gold Cup Trophy. Ordered it from D&M, who had the best price by the way (thanks Derek). Here it is:

It's a very tight gun...Since I saw a little oil oozing out I put about 88 rounds through it right out of the box and with a little height adjustment on the rear sight I was punching a two inch hole at ten yards, rapid fire. Sadly, that's good for me.  The trigger is not light, but has very little takeup and it breaks nice.

I just cleaned it up and it's a nice pistol. I'm thinking about 500 rounds and I'll start to see what it's really like. So far I'm really enjoying it.

If someday I can afford a custom gun I might do it, but this is more gun than my Sig GSR, for sure. It scratches that itch for a shiny 1911.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:44 PM »
Nice gun! I have one I bought new back in 1973 for $225.00. I would never part with it.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »
Congrats, Jay....Nice pistola!!!!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 453
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 08:07:07 PM »
Nice gun! I have one I bought new back in 1973 for $225.00. I would never part with it.

Pulled out the receipt on my Mk IV mod 70 Colt bought in 1971 right after it came out... $190.00

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:16:27 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk