Author Topic: MSM "up in arms" about Background Checks.. I love Irony  (Read 2688 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
MSM "up in arms" about Background Checks.. I love Irony
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:44:48 AM »

According to a Politico article published last month, journalists wanting to attend the Republican and Democratic political conventions this summer will have to submit to a new credentialing process that includes background checks conducted by the Secret Service.

Ironically, the roots of the issue, Politico reports, stem from Presidential Policy Directive 22, an Obama administration decision that apparently gives the Secret Service the task of “access control” to the political conventions. Another report from USA Today indicated that Obama has issued 19 such “policy directives” (PPDs) without disclosing them to the public.

The media, needless to say, are incensed. A piece in the Daily Beast – using a metaphor that we consider especially amusing – characterizes the Washington press establishment as “up in arms.”

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/background-check-loving-media-gags-its-own-medicine-thanks-new-obama-directive
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 845
Re: MSM "up in arms" about Background Checks.. I love Irony
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 08:58:26 AM »
At some point in most debates on gun control I like to make the statement that I will continue deeper if they are willing to put the same restrictions and hurdles in place for ALL constitutional protections.  Of course, that brings out the statement that speech does not kill ... Have they not been paying attention to the hate and riots fueled by Pres. BHO and his AGs?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 12:44:46 PM »
Ha Ha, serves them right.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 03:23:31 PM »
..  Of course, that brings out the statement that speech does not kill ... Have they not been paying attention to the hate and riots fueled by Pres. BHO and his AGs?

Ah contrare.   The pen in mightier than the sword.

e.g., The Spanish American war was contrived by the yellow journalism and racism of W R Hearst.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 06:19:27 AM »
Alf, It was most definitely NOT racism. The US media supported the rebel "little brown brothers" against the European Spanish in both Cuba, and the Philippines. In fact, former Union General Dan Sickles helped recruit Americans , including Frederick Funstan, to serve with the Cuban rebels.
The issue was far more important than"race", it was a circulation war betweenHearst andCol. McCormick's Chicago Tribune.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:18:39 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 559
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:06 AM »
Interesting guys. 

I'm glad the MSM is getting a small level of unanticipated comeuppance. 

It's a shame they haven't been seen with tar and feathers.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 444
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2016, 09:35:37 AM »
I'll bow to your assessment, about Hearst.

But I think we both agree the "pen" was largely responsible for getting us into this war.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2016, 12:45:50 PM »
To a point Alf. But that was the era of Alfred Mahan and "The Influence of Sea Power".
The war monger media got the attention, but the Govt. was beginning to understand that if they wanted to be a world power they needed guaranteed coaling stations for fueling the Navy.
There was one Asst. Sec of the Navy who was especially outspoken about it.
But, to his credit, he risked his life in the war he helped start.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk