Author Topic: New Browning Buckmark  (Read 19049 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
Re: New Browning Buckmark
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 07:47:50 PM »
And a new Buckmark UDX Plus makes 3!
 <snip>

I like the UDX the best.  It looks a lot like the Challenger III I picked up in '81.  Are those the grips that came with it?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »
Are those the grips that came with it?

Yes, those are the Browning factory grips the UDX ships with.

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 05:51:53 AM »
Bill, when are you going to get a Ruger Mk IV ?

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 563
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 06:11:58 AM »
Yeah I was looking at those too.  It sure would be nice to take it down with one button.  But, alas, I have Mark II and I can't justify getting another...sacrilege that it may seem.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2016, 06:50:17 AM »
Bill, when are you going to get a Ruger Mk IV ?

I'm going to give them about 6 months or so. That should be time enough to make sure there aren't any "bugs", and get enough of them on the street where the price will fall off a bit. Of course I'll want to handle one first, and have a good look at it. The only thing that concerns me is how well the barrel / receiver remains tight after a lot of cleaning and use. Ruger really needed to address the horrible take down involving these guns. It looks like they finally have with the Mark IV.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:49:19 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2016, 07:05:37 AM »
http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV/overview.html

According to the video at the bottom of this link, it says, "Mark III magazines are compatible", which is good news. However it also said the frame is machined from, "a solid billet", instead of being 2 piece welded steel. It didn't say if it was steel or Aluminum. I'm thinking they went to Aluminum because it's cheaper to machine than steel. Plus they can skip the welding.

I'm old school. And the one thing I always did like about the Mark II and Mark III, is the fact they're one of the very few .22 semi auto pistols still being built on a steel frame. The only other one I know of still being manufactured is the S&W Model 41. And the street price on those are over twice as much as a Hunter Mark III.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2016, 03:04:52 PM »
The blued Target model has an aluminum frame and the stainless model has a stainless steel frame. The aluminum frame is about 6 ounces lighter. The Hunter model is also stainless steel. I hope to see a standard model and 22/45 in the future.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 04:47:27 PM »
The blued Target model has an aluminum frame and the stainless model has a stainless steel frame. The aluminum frame is about 6 ounces lighter. The Hunter model is also stainless steel. I hope to see a standard model and 22/45 in the future.

Are the Stainless Steel models milled from a billet the same way the blued Aluminum models are, or are they manufactured some other way?

Timothy

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 05:03:43 PM »
If it's aluminum its anodized, not blued.  I'm still intrigued but like Bill, I'll wait, probably a year.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »
This video confirms what Jumbo said. The Stainless Model has a Stainless Steel frame. The blued model has an Anodized Aluminum frame. If I go with one it will most likely be the Hunter Stainless Model, like the one in the video. I have a Mark II Stainless Competition Model that is similar. I definitely want the Stainless Frame. It's beautiful the way it disassembles so effortlessly. It really looks like a nice piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqbiyPMA7CE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk