Author Topic: New Browning Buckmark  (Read 19134 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
New Browning Buckmark
« on: May 25, 2016, 05:53:40 PM »
I picked up a new Browning Buckmark Hunter Model the other day. It's the top one in the photo. I really liked my Camper UFX Model, and I've always been partial to longer barrels. So when I saw the Hunter I grabbed it.

I liked the Cocobolo grips so much I bought an extra pair for my Camper Model. It came with the grey / black rubber grips. They looked and functioned OK, but the Cocobolo grips look so much better. Changing them out took about 5 minutes. I also bought the proper grip screws because the grip screws for the rubber grips are larger. They lined up perfectly, and tightened right up. I got everything from Midwest Gunworks.

I like the day glow front sight on the Hunter, as it really stands out. Both have the fully adjustable rear target sights. The Buckmark really balances well. It's almost like pointing your finger at the target. Hopefully I'll get out to the local indoor range next week to light it up. I picked up some extra magazines for it as well. I got one of those, "Employee Pricing" cards in the mail from Cabala's last week, so I got them for a bit less. They're hard to find for some reason. I usually get them from CDNN for just $19.99 each, but they've been out of stock for a while now. As have many others. If this new Hunter runs as well as my Camper model does, I'll be pleased.

Timothy

Re: New Browning Buckmark
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
Nice!  Can you mount scopes on both or just the hunter?

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:16:36 PM »
Nice!  Can you mount scopes on both or just the hunter?

The Hunter is set up for any type of Weaver or Picatinny optics mount. The Camper would require an aftermarket top mount set up. I'm not sure if anyone makes them. My guess would be an outfit like Tactical Solutions. They make a ton of customizing gear for both Ruger and Browning .22 pistols.

tombogan03884

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:20:44 AM »

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:55:30 AM »
Those are nice Bill. I'm currently without a .22 handgun following a bad break-up with a Ruger 'Lite'....her fault not mine :)

That may be the way I'll go - Thanks for posting.
Best Wishes, Mike.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 07:05:13 AM »
I loved my Buckmark.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 07:08:44 AM »
I thought my Contour model with full length top rail rocked tacti-cool, but I'm like your Hunter profile.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 07:30:17 AM »
I loved my Buckmark.

"Loved" as in past tense? Say it isn't so Tom!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:11 AM »
As long as we're on the subject, I was wondering about the fiber optic front sight, and carrying it in a holster. Has anyone done this? I ask because these things strike me as being delicate, and easily damaged. I also have one on a Ruger Mark III .22 pistol. The Camper UFX Model has a solid metal front sight, that seems a bit more suited for holster carry. Has anyone here ever broken a fiber optic front sight by carrying in a holster?

Another thing I wonder about is the insert staying put under recoil? This obviously isn't a problem for .22's, but could be on some of the Magnum calibers these sights come with. I like them because of how well they stand out. But like so much now a days, I'm just not sure of their durability over time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk