Author Topic: Amadeo Rossi M971 Ejector Rod Keeps slipping until it blocks the cylinder.  (Read 3148 times)

Randall Z

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I have an Amadeo Rossi M971, .357 Magnum.  The ejector rod will slip down until it causes the cylinder to freeze up.  Is this something a gun owner, with limited, that is very limited, gunsmithing abilities can fix?

robert69

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
That is a problem that I had on my super Blackhawk.
What I did was to replace the rod with one that has a setscrew that locks it to the frame.
Disadvantage is you need an allen wrench to pull out the rod.
It was advertised in the Handloader magazine.
Go to www.gunpartscorp.com, which is Numeric.
They list all of the parts available on their site.
Or do a google search on rossi m971 replacement ejector rod.
You would replace the rod and the lock pin for the rod (they are both worn).

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 452
Got a Dremel tool I'll sell you. ;)    [DRTV inside joke.  Michael Bane has been banned from using these.  I may be right up there.]

Robert's advice sounds good.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
If this is a double action revolver, this is a different fix than a Super Blackhawk, which is a SA.

Am I understanding from the OP that the rod is backing out from the cylinder enough to bind it?
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

Try putting a dab of Locktite on the threads.
Use the bue.

Sponsor

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
Not sure where you are on this, and I am not familiar with this model, but that has never stopped me before  ;)

My thought is to do a good cleaning and inspection.  Remove the ejector rod and spring; clean them very well; clean the bore the rod sit in; inspect all the parts for wear and fit; and replace worn or broken items.

As I look (play) with my revolvers, both single and double action, my thought goes right to the spring.  Based on your description I would be looking for a broken or worn spring, or a rod that is worn where the spring sits on a shoulder.

Just my 1.5 cents written in a way to make it look like two bits  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk