Author Topic: Hunting Season 2008  (Read 43457 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hunting Season 2008
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2008, 10:08:04 PM »
Buck is real, story is constantly changing locations, religions, and shooter.  :)

1:00 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMz_bqQjwmk&feature=related
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2009, 07:41:28 PM »
Here's a parting shot, and one you will not believe, but it is true with over 1/2 dozen witnesses who heard the only shot.

OK, ladies and gentlemen, here's a 'magic bullet' story for you.
My wife decided to go hunting down behind the house since the season is winding down to a close in a week or so and we could use a little ore meat in the freezer.
Well, two deer stepped out into the open.
She waited to see if a bigger buck might come out and when none appeared, she sighted in on the larger of these two.
When she shot, the .243 bullet hit right behind the shoulder (she hit her mark dead on).
The bullet went through the heart and lungs, bounced of the far side ribcage, came out of the first deer (on the same side it went in on) and hit the other smaller deer (which was standing 5 yards in FRONT, and slightly offset) in the neck, dropping it also.
There's the 'magic bullet' part. She shot the back one and killed it along with the one off to the front right too.
Yep, boys and girls, TWO DEER WITH ONE SHOT (of course the second was not originally MEANT to be killed), but both deer went down cleanly on the spot and it is good meat for the freezer.

She said she WILL be offering 'hunting lessons' next year.

***NOTE: Not to bag on the .243, it's a good round, but this is why I prefer a .30 cal hunting round.

:o
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2009, 07:46:28 PM »
Yer just EVIL!!! "Huntin' down behind the house",  I didn't get no venison and I'm just about out of pig! ;D

That is a story that will be passed from gen to gen in your family, really neat!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »
Yer just EVIL!!! "Huntin' down behind the house",  I didn't get no venison and I'm just about out of pig! ;D

That is a story that will be passed from gen to gen in your family, really neat!

Heck I'd send you some if I could find a place around here to buy dry ice. We have one place that gets a limited amount of  pellets in from time to time, but not regularly.

My neighbor got two with one shot from a 30-30 about ten years ago, but they were lined up one behind the other and the bullet went through one and into the other.

My wife shot the first one and both fell. She called me on the radio (still in the stand) and said she shot one and it must have scared the other one to death because they both went down at the shot.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 01:20:32 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2009, 08:20:59 PM »
Heck I'd send you some if I could find a place around here to buy dry ice. We have one place that gets a limited amount of  pellets in from time to time, but not regularly.

My neighbor got two with one shot from a 30-30 about ten years ago, but they were lined up one behind the other and the bullet went through one and into the other.

My wife shot the first one and both fell. She called me on the radio (still in the stand) and said she shot one and it must have scared the other one to death because they both went down at the shot.

ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is TOOOOOOOOOOOO funny!  ;D

God bless ya both and enjoy the feast.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2009, 11:58:35 PM »

***NOTE: Not to bag on the .243, it's a good round, but this is why I prefer a .30 cal hunting round.

:o

After hunting down and killing with a .22 LR a couple of coyotes that were wounded with a .243, I wondered how good it is for deer hunting. If you can get 2 with one shot then its better than I suspected. Congrats to you and the missus.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »
I am going to try to hunt ..AND film......... ::)
Ex hubby is getting the stand all done and putting it on our land ..and this year it won't be any climbing a danged old tree and setting in it for hours freezing to death.. This year I am going to be hunting in comfort style.. ;D

I'm actually doe hunting this year.. not rack searching..as I want the meat to make into jerky..hamburger...except the back strap..and that of course is going straight into the skillet.  ;)

Hopefully will have some pictures to post soon of the finished stand.

M'ette we need a update. Did you get a chance to film your hunt?
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Kudos to your wife PegLeg... That would just be too awesome.
And no.. I didn't even get to go .. Too much going on and I was gone the first week of the season. Season only runs 10 days here.  Extra doe season is going on now. But with Shot coming up in a week.. and massages going on.. I can't hunt and process now either..  :'(

Marshal is fixing on coyote hunting with his new gun he is trying out.. soooooooo I'll film that for a DR video... ;)
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »
Marshal, what new gun did ya get?
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk