Author Topic: To Vote for Trump or Not to Vote  (Read 43010 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: To Vote for Trump or Not to Vote
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 12:27:36 PM »
Just a figure of speech.
Satan would be a perfect Democrat.

Based on what I've read about both subjects, I think you're right.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:08 PM »
Trump is the nonofficial/official candidate for the GOP!

How do you see this playing out?

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:15 AM »
Jan 2017 President Trump sworn in.

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 09:03:20 AM »
This is an honest  question and not meant to be contrary or combative.  I'm trying to see your angle here.

Please tell me your reasons supporting this.  What percentages and numbers do you have to support your thoughts?   Are you basing this on just the primary results or an overall factor?

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:24 AM »
Not sure how the GOP convention works, but from what I have gathered if Trump does not have enough delegates to win on the first ballot when they are all supposedly bound to vote for who got the primary delegates, the nomination is up for grabs.  Would not be surprised if Jeb Bush was pushed through to become the GOP nominee. 

If Trump becomes the GOP Nominee:

If Trump is a shill for Clinton, he will sabotage his campaign after getting the nomination and lose the election to Clinton.

Or if Trump is honest in his bid for the Presidency he will have a fight ahead for the election.

My feeling is that it will be harder to convince Democrats to vote for Trump than to convince Republicans to vote for Clinton (Laura Bush is said to have "hinted" she would prefer Clinton over Trump..if that is even true, or worth anything).

I think independents, like myself, will see Trump, if he is a serious candidate, as the non-established party choice and he will do well there.

I imagine we will be watching one of the most viscous campaigns as Trump will, no doubt, dig up as much dirt on Clinton as can be found and most of that will be unethical political dealings and would be fairly damaging. 

The dirt on Trump will be unethical business dealings and some part of it might even be seen as beneficial for a politician and the rest might not be as damaging as Clinton's "dirt". 
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:26:58 AM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2016, 10:04:17 AM »
If Trump becomes the GOP Nominee:

If Trump is a shill for Clinton, he will sabotage his campaign after getting the nomination and lose the election to Clinton.

Or if Trump is honest in his bid for the Presidency he will have a fight ahead for the election.

My feeling is that it will be harder to convince Democrats to vote for Trump than to convince Republicans to vote for Clinton (Laura Bush is said to have "hinted" she would prefer Clinton over Trump..if that is even true, or worth anything).

I think independents, like myself, will see Trump, if he is a serious candidate, as the non-established party choice and he will do well there.

I imagine we will be watching one of the most viscous campaigns as Trump will, no doubt, dig up as much dirt on Clinton as can be found and most of that will be unethical political dealings and would be fairly damaging. 

The dirt on Trump will be unethical business dealings and some part of it might even be seen as beneficial for a politician and the rest might not be as damaging as Clinton's "dirt".

'Bout the way I see it as well.....good summation.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2016, 10:54:53 AM »
I don't like Trump. He did some things in Atlantic City that were terrible for local folks...he put some out of business just not paying bills. The flip side of that is I know of two other business types, both graduates of Wharton, like Trump, who did the same thing to people they were dealing with. You go to that school, learn how to play power games, and that's what you do.

Having said all that, Trump has performed a nearly impossible feat getting to where he is. His candidacy was a complete joke until recently (some may say it's STILL a joke), but the fact is he has arrived where he is with no (conscious) help from democrats, republicans, the establishment, the media, public opinion, etc. However, while they all thought he was a joke, Trump USED all of them. There wasn't an interview anywhere that didn't start with, "What do you think about what Trump said about...."  They were all his handmaidens.

To reiterate, I don't like Trump...maybe someday I will, but I KNOW I want nothing to do with Clinton. She is everything that is wrong with politics in this country and she is a criminal, so given the choice between the two, I would NOT vote for Clinton.

On the plus side, two things. First, Trump has publicly proven that he knows how to get shit done. Hands down. So I will assume from that that he could be reasonably effective in the office. The question is, what is it he will try to do?  My feeling, prediction, whatever, is that it is just dawning on HIM that he could be the next POTUS and could make history, and he WANTS that. I predict he will act less and less like t-Rump and more presidential. I think he knows WHY people are going for him, that it is driven from conservative circles primarily, and so I think he will align himself more to the right.

Second, and I know I harp on this, I am a single issue voter. Flip flops aside, Trump says 2A is a good thing and needs protection, and Hilary says it's bad and wants our guns.

The choice is obvious. If you want to apply your principles and write in Bernie or Cruz, or Ben Carson, or Rand Paul, you are fooling yourself at great cost, because we are in the fight of our lives right now and we have no good options, only hopefully bearable options, and only ONE option at that. Trump is scary, but he's not Clinton. Vote for Trump. Get over the drama and keep the progressives from slamming the last few nails in our coffins.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2016, 05:38:27 PM »
Vote for the lesser of two evils they say......Goddammit!!!  We're still voting for EVIL!!! Don't think I can do it this time.
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2016, 06:17:56 PM »
This is why I asked how you think this will play out.  I see some major divisions for the GOP this election and I wonder how this will work.

Are there new voters coming in that the demographics aren't showing or will the GOP unite against Clinton?

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 06:41:02 PM »
Some of the GOP are burning their membership cards and fleeing for the Libertarian party.

I quit the GOP twenty years ago...  They stopped representing me decades ago.

I'll vote for Trump. It will matter little though.  MA will go to the commies..it always does.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk