Author Topic: Media Ignorance  (Read 7777 times)

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1423
Media Ignorance
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:05:00 AM »
From 
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/alleged-son-sal-killer-bizarre-outburst-court-article-1.2517692?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Once again shows the total ignorance of the media. While I know this will never stop it still irritates me greatly.

Please note the picture of the alleged "shotgun" which appears to be a Ruger 10-22.

The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
Re: Media Ignorance
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:21:57 AM »
The more liberal the media, the dumber they seem to be. Especially in regards to firearms. It goes hand and hand. I will say some liberal Democratic politicians have the ability to out do them.

FULLY CERTIFIED IDIOTS

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
OMG. I have seen and heard ignorant people through the years but you have supplied me with some very prime examples. I would laugh but I can't any more. These people are out there AND THEY VOTE!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
"30 caliber magazine clips in half a second!"......... And remember that can be doubled if you bump fire the weapon! That equates to over 3,600, 30 caliber magazine clips in one minute! And all of this in a non NFA weapon.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:48:02 AM »
These people are out there AND THEY VOTE!

They not only vote, they've been ELECTED!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:24:33 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 868
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 01:29:29 PM »
The original story for this must have been edited.  I read the story, and it referred to "a rifle."

The magazine being a one time use reminds me of the chuckle I received at the expense of Rob Leatham.  He told the story in public, so I can feel ok about repeating here (Ok ok, I don't care about where he told the story, because it is funny, at his expense, and I like it).  When Rob started shooting revolver a few years back, he didn't know that moon clips were reusable.  He gets them free from his sponsors.  The guys following him picking up brass loved it until he found out this little fact.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
It isn't just guns. You need to remember that these reporters went to JOIRNALISM school, they kick ass in sentence structure, and English, but they don't generally know squat about anything else.

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 02:55:00 PM »
The article does state rifle but the picture is marked shotgun.

So much for editors doing their job. I am NOT a journalist but I assume there are at least 3 or 4 different people in the process of editing or approving articles before they are published. This, of course, does not bode well for any of them.

I guess it is now S.O.P. if you do not know the truth just pass along the lie. As I have heard many times 10,000 repeations make a truth.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 03:22:22 PM »
The article does state rifle but the picture is marked shotgun.

Sorry!  You are correct.  I just read the story and not the captions.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 03:26:03 PM »
It isn't just guns. You need to remember that these reporters went to JOIRNALISM school, they kick ass in sentence structure, and English, but they don't generally know squat about anything else.

This is why they are called reporters.  The are supposed to report, not educate or editorialize.  Those two areas are reserved for those with knowledge of the subject or willing to research and learn the subject.

Who
What
When
Where
Why

Ask the questions and report the answers!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk