Author Topic: Podcast  (Read 7382 times)

huskerbrw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Podcast
« on: January 07, 2016, 06:14:56 AM »
I haven't been able to download an episode since 11/18/2015. My phone says I'm still subscribed and when I try to refresh the feed it says I have no new episodes. I'm not very iTunes literate. Please help me out.

Timothy

Re: Podcast
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 08:10:35 AM »
I haven't been able to download an episode since 11/18/2015. My phone says I'm still subscribed and when I try to refresh the feed it says I have no new episodes. I'm not very iTunes literate. Please help me out.

Unsubscribe from the old version and search the store for the latest versions and re-subscribe.

huskerbrw

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 04:10:34 PM »
That did the trick. I was worried about Michael for awhile. I knew he was going to have a knee replaced sometime or another. I was hoping there wasn't any complications. Thanks again for your help.

oldkat69

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Fides sed veritas
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 09:34:26 PM »
I had to do the same thing.  Works fine now.
I used to be open minded but my brain kept falling out.

splashdown

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:03:43 PM »
Been wondering myself.  Sorry Mr. Bane it took me this long to check if you were still alive.  :)  Love the show and your words of wisdom!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:10:43 AM »

MikeW

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »
A question for all you ITunes wizards . . .

My Itunes stopped downloading episodes after #450.  Following the suggestion above, I Unsubscribed to the old version and Subscribed to the new one.

The episodes #451 - current have now downloaded into a new folder, leaving me with two DRR folders in ITunes. Is there a way to merge the new with the old, or will I just have to live with it this way?  Thanks for the help!

Mike

MikeW

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 02:09:12 PM »
Hello,

I continue to have ongoing problems with Itunes completely halting new downloads every few months. I've had to unsubscribe and resubscribe 3 times now.

I just unsubscribed again, but now I'm getting an error message that says the new "subscribe" link is not valid, and it won't allow me to subscribe to the podcast.

Can anybody help?  Many thanks.

BTW, is there a long term fix to prevent this from reoccurring? Does this happen with other podcast applications too (stitcher, etc.)?

MikeW

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 02:17:30 PM »
When I click on the "subscibe" button, the error message says:

"Unable to subscribe. The provided link is not a valid podcast."

Mike

tmzphoto

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
No longer on Pocket Casts?
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 09:25:31 AM »
Hi.

I've been using Pocket Casts to get my podcasts.  When episode 488 didn't download, I tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing, but Down Range Radio no longer comes up as an available podcast.  Have you stopped being available via Pocket Casts?

Thanks!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:44:35 AM »
Try Podcast Republic,That's what I've been using since having problems with iTunes. I think it's only for android phones.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk