Author Topic: Reminiscing  (Read 27253 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Reminiscing
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:44 PM »
Dropped it another 20k today too!  A place like that here would be well over 300, if not 400. One thing about Montana, it is not cheap to live here.

So, know anyone that wants an off-grid place, 40 acres, in the mountains of Montana??  :D  Full blown, full time house!!

Where about in Montana?  My parents and brother are over north of Great Falls, my son is in Havre and I have family in and around Kalispell.  I tried to get the wife to move up there when I got laid off back in September but she didn't even blink before closing that door.  I do love where I live in the Willamette Valley here in Oregon but I'm afraid the anti-gun barbarians are at the gate.  I've been actively involved with our state Gun rights group and for the last 20 years we've beaten them back but the apathy among the shooting community here is appalling. 
With the possibility of being self employed moving to TX or NM oil fields would be a better financial choice....
He who dares wins.  SAS

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:43 PM »
Hey folks it was great reading this thread.  Brought back some good memories.  Have hardly posted anything in years.  Had some life changes and somewhat drifted away.  Would check the forum sometimes, but not logged in.  You are a great group of people.

A little over four years ago I unexpectedly and rather suddenly had an unplanned early retirement.  The whole thing happened in about 10 days.  Loved the freedom of retirement, but the income stunk, but I was able to get by.   Financially I hadn't planned on retiring at that time.  Figured I would retire around 2016-2018 originally.  Was retired for about two years before I found work again and have been back at it for a little over two years.  Kind of set me back financially to retire in the 2016-2018 time frame, but I'm happy to have a regular income again.

Both the kids got married and moved on, one to the other side of the state to get her masters and then for a work offer. The other to AZ and made me a first time grandpa with the birth of a grandson about a month ago.  Already picked up a youth sized .22 bolt action for the little wolfepup.

Had a Cougar Lady Friend for awhile that I would marry if she would have me.  Didn't work out for a variety of reasons.

Saw the posts about Facebook, and I'm sure that has hurt this forum and many others.  I'm not on FB, as I am forbidden to do so.  Not sure that I would want to anyway, but just might join under an assumed identity.  About two years ago I get an email from my great plains residing sister that they were back home, after attending my aunts funeral a few hours drive away.  I called here and asked about my deceased aunt as that was the first I heard about it.  My sister replied, "Oh that's right, you're not on FB".  Seems like the family communicated everything about my aunt's passing on FB?   Don't have a smart phone either.  Got a old style flip phone Neanderthal 2.0 version.  I can get text, but don't expect a return text.  I guess I can internet connect on a limited basis with it, but I don't.

Also saw all that stuff about ham radio, but that was mostly Classic Greek to me.

Bidah, sorry about the crappy situation that transpired with the x and your children.  That's got to be a tough experience for a loving father to go through.  Hopefully as others have said your sons will remember truth and reestablish a positive relationship in the future.  I've seen others go through similar heartbreaking crap like that and the devastation it can cause.  Try to keep a positive and patient outlook.
I'll keep you in my prayers.  If my retirement was on it's original track I'd talk to you more about your off grid property.

Pathfinder, glad to hear the the new wife and the move sounds like it's been good.

Timothy sorry your still bound to Massapoopshits, thought you may have fled by now.

Jay, what are you up to, still making music?

Bogan, still Bogan I see and that is a good thing.

BillT, congratulations on retirement, careful filling those propane bottles, Homeland Security might think you are up to no good.

Majer, I know you're well with all the new gun laws they passed to keep you safe awhile back.
Heard the ammo part wasn't going as the politicians had planned.

Peg, Ratus, Alf, Magoo, and others, I hope you are all well and that life is good.

Good to see Benny posting occasionally, lost your number from when you called me about 6 months or so again.

Didn't mean to leave you out Crusader Rabbit, or anyone else.  Say hello to the HazCat for me.

Saw Brian at the NRA conference in Indy a couple years ago, about the time I faded from here.

Deepwater, keep the boat trimmed and upright, or at least wear your life jacket.

M'Ette, who?  She probably doesn't remember me, I haven't talked to her in a long time.

No, I didn't forget RED364, her blue guns and the eye bleach pictures.  Does she still hang out here?

I apologize to those I didn't mention, trying to post this with my CRS memory.

It was nice to visit with you folks again.  I'm turning into a cranky old curmudgeon that is hoping to make it to my real retirement.  Find a nice secluded rural place where I can pee off the front porch, shoot off the back porch, and skinny dip with a sweetheart off the dock.

There is a lot in America and this world I don't understand anymore. 

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1071
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2016, 10:10:19 PM »
It's good to hear from you after all this time Wolfe. I hope you can hang out here more often.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2016, 10:45:37 PM »
Hey Wolfie,Glad to hear from you,Stop in once in a while.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2016, 12:20:09 AM »
Thanks Frank and Majer.  I'll try to make it a point to stop in  on a regular basis.
Sorry I left you out earlier Frank.

Forgot Solus too, and probably others.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 06:57:54 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2016, 05:31:37 AM »
Hey Wolfe, good to hear from you! Don't be a stranger.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 567
« Reply #86 on: July 29, 2016, 05:52:51 AM »
Great to hear from you again!  I hate you had to walk a path not to your liking and plans. 

I don't do faceybookey either.  My wife tried to get me on but I'm not gonna do it...  It's not too shocking that your family forgot to inform you...had similar happen here before faceybookey.

Tell us about the guns and shooting...don't leave out any hunting you've been up to!
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
Hey Wolfe!

Glad to see you're hanging in there and sorry about the work loss.  At least you don't have to drive to GR every day!  I don't think I could do 2-1/2 hours commute to get to work..  Hope you found something closer to St. Jo..

Stay well...say hello to the Big Lake for me...I was in GR for about three days last October but never drove the 35 miles to stick my head in the surf.  I do miss the Mitten but Massapoopshits has a hold on me..

Congrats on the grand young'un..  I became a Poppop in February myself!

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
Wolfe!!  Nice long catch up post.. a Grandpa now eh?  Yee haw!!

I do use FB, since a lot of my match stuff is on there.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2016, 03:34:01 PM »
Wolfe, great to hear from you!  Glad most things have worked out.  Not sure about that Cougar thing though.  LOL 

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk