Author Topic: Lost 2 buddies this year...  (Read 2279 times)

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lost 2 buddies this year...
« on: October 30, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »
I started Powerlifting a year ago and two of my lifting partners committed suicide this year.  The first, Dakota, was a 22 year-old kid 6 months out of the Army was back in March. The other, Jimmy, was a 35 father of 4 with some life issues including divorce that took his life right after our June meet.  Jimmy and I squatted together an hour and a half prior to his suicide-I didn't have a clue he was hurting that much (although there were some contributing factors that he did in between).  I couldn't lift for 6 weeks after that and I still miss lifting with him from time to time. 

The silver lining in all of this is that our little group got a lot tighter and it has opened up some lines of communication that have helped others dealing with these types of issues.
He who dares wins.  SAS

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Lost 2 buddies this year...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:16:51 AM »
Good work on the lines of communication...

Be watchful for others outside your group who may be showings signs too....

Never let embarrassment or propriety stop you from offering some support...

Take care.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1014
Re: Lost 2 buddies this year...
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 03:40:25 PM »
Man that's tough news....and sad as well.

My sincerest condolences for the loss of these friends.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk