Author Topic: Some people just don't get it.  (Read 4208 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Some people just don't get it.
« on: November 25, 2015, 01:00:49 PM »

tombogan03884

Re: Some people just don't get it.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 01:38:18 PM »
These people deserve anything that happens to them.
Hopefully they will be killed soon, their families deserve better.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
US gun laws are whatever 100 million gun owners allow them to be.
No one else's opinion matters.

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 02:49:40 PM »
Hi;

News reports say that that kid was on PCP or some other drug that gets them really violent. One of the reasons that the .45 was adopted by the military was back in the early 1900's in the phillipines campaigns was that those "Natives" were high on some local drug and the .38 had very little stopping power.  Multiple shots were needed to take them down with the .38  and 1 or 2 only needed with the .45 .

Do not know what this Police Officer had on him - but when are people going to realize that someone on these drugs are far more dangerous/violent than a burglar or a thief !

Everyone out there upset over a white cop shooting this drug using Kid  but  nothing done on the Black on Black shootings in that town!

with all of these other shootings by Cops this past year or more - why did it take over a year to charge this cop - if not for show and tell ?

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1036
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 05:41:43 PM »
In Michigan most of the alternatives to a gun they talk about in that article will land you in jail.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:01:14 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »
Joe Biden, just shoot a shot gun in the air.
The guy in Washington state that did that wound up in court.
Everything liberals say after "hello" is either a misquote or a lie.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
I recall a similar instance in NH, Tom.

Guy put a warning shot into the ground when he saw someone breaking into his neighbor's house and it got him in hot water.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »
Did he use Greasy Joe as a reference like the guy in Washington ?
Got a reference ?
It rings a bell, but I don't remember it.
But it underlines the fact that taking advice from liberals winds up with you either in jail or dead.

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 02:29:15 PM »
Did he use Greasy Joe as a reference like the guy in Washington ?
Got a reference ?
It rings a bell, but I don't remember it.
But it underlines the fact that taking advice from liberals winds up with you either in jail or dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/21/new-hampshire-man-faces-felony-charge-after-firing-gun-into-ground-near-burglar/.

A New Hampshire man who fired his handgun into the ground to scare an alleged burglar he caught crawling out of a neighbor's window is now facing a felony charge -- and the same potential prison sentence as the man he stopped.

Dennis Fleming, 61, of Farmington, was arrested for reckless conduct after the Saturday incident at his 19th century farmhouse. The single grandfather had returned home to find that his home had been burglarized and spotted Joseph Hebert, 27, climbing out of a window at a neighbor's home. Fleming said he yelled "Freeze!" before firing his gun into the ground, then held Hebert at gunpoint until police arrived.

"I didn't think I could handle this guy physically, so I fired into the ground," Fleming told FoxNews.com. "He stopped. He knew I was serious. I was angry … and I was worried that this guy was going to come after me."

No one was injured in the incident, but when the police arrived, they made two arrests. Hebert was charged with two counts of burglary and drug possession. He faces up to seven years in prison if convicted. Fleming, meanwhile, is scheduled to be arraigned March 20 on a charge of reckless conduct, which could potentially land him a sentence similar to the one Hebert faces.

"I didn't know it was illegal [to fire into the ground], but I had to make that guy realize I was serious," Fleming said. "I've got a clean record. I really don't want to be convicted."

County Attorney Tom Velardi told Foster's Daily Democrat he will review the case and determine if the charge against Fleming is appropriate under the state statutes regarding self-defense and defense of property.

Fleming, meanwhile, is hoping to catch a break.

"I have 14 grandchildren, I don't want to be a felon and go to jail," he said. "I'm kind of wound up about it."

Fleming's collection of seven rifles and a .38-caliber handgun were seized by police. But Fleming said he's not entirely defenseless: "I've got a Louisville Slugger here, but I would call the police," he said.

Calls seeking comment from Farmington Police Department Chief Scott Roberge were not immediately returned.

Penny Dean, a spokeswoman for the Gun Owners of New Hampshire, said her organization is "absolutely outraged" by Fleming's arrest.

"This homeowner fired at the ground, from all accounts, in a safe direction and held a burglar for police and did things correctly," Dean told FoxNews.com. "The fact that this man would be charged is an outrage. Burglars in New Hampshire must know it's open season, since homeowners cannot defend themselves, as evidenced by this case. This is charging the victim."

Rick Pelkey, Fleming's longtime neighbor, said he's now worried how the "straight-forward, working-class guy" will pay legal fees associated with the arrest.

"I think it's outrageous," Pelkey told FoxNews.com. "He did the community a service here. We ought to thank him for it."[]

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 03:16:06 PM »
Remember those discussions we've had about "overzealous" prosecutors ?
I used to live in that area and worked with Rick Pelkey and knew Fleming's father. Velardi is a Democrat pos.
He tried, with help from the ex wife, and other local Dems, to put a former Rochester city councilman in prison for child molestation. The guy did 2 or 3 years before his appeal overturned the conviction on lack of evidence, witness tampering, and judicial wrong doing.
This guy got in trouble for what he said, not what he did. If he'd said he was scared for his life, and thought the crook was armed, he would have walked.

Charges were dropped.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2851437/posts

FARMINGTON — County Attorney Tom Velardi dropped all charges Thursday against the local man who fired a gun into the ground while stopping an alleged burglar last weekend, calling him an “upstanding member of the community for 61 years.”

Dennis Fleming, 61, of 53 Ten Rod Road was arrested Saturday and charged with reckless conduct after he fired his .38 caliber hand gun into the ground in an attempt to stop Joseph Hebert, 27, of Bunker Street, after seeing the man coming out of a neighbor's window. Fleming was looking for the man after finding that his own home had been broken into that afternoon.

After days of public outcry against the charges from the community and around the nation, Velardi announced that the charge against Fleming would be dropped, saying that after further investigation the circumstances surrounding his actions did not support the felony charge and saying that to charge him with reckless conduct would be “unjust.”

Velardi said Thursday that he reviewed all of the evidence provided by Farmington police himself and that he and an investigator went to the scene of the incident Wednesday morning to look around. They found no evidence that a shot from Fleming's gun had hit any nearby residences, nor came close to putting anyone in danger of bodily injury, he said.

The county attorney also visited with Hebert, to get his side of the story, saying that his and Fleming's stories were “entirely consistent.”

“I assigned this case to myself because I realized what was at stake here,” Velardi said. “I take charging someone with a felony very seriously.”

Velardi said he called Fleming's attorney, Alfred Catalfo III, who offerred to represent the man free of charge, first thing Thursday morning to let him know the charge would be dropped.

For Fleming, who was in his attorney's office when the call came in, that news meant the end to a very long several days.

“I didn't realize how much stress I was under until I got that call,” he said. “I feel 100 pounds lighter than I did this morning.”

Fleming said he was surprised to hear the charge had been dropped so quickly, but said he was appreciative of the county attorney's attentiveness to the case.

“I'm thrilled,” he said Thursday afternoon, sitting in the Strafford Superior Courthouse with his lawyer. Cataldo agreed, and said he thought the right decision was made regarding the case.

“I really think that when you've got someone who hasn't been in trouble, never had his Miranda Rights read to him...he really did the right thing,” he said. “I don't think it was reckless conduct.”

While the stress of being charged may now be gone for Fleming, he said having the support of so many people from across the country — Foster's alone received over 100 emails and phone calls about the case-- did a lot to keep him going.

“I want to thank them,” Fleming said of the individuals who called him to share their support. “Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”

EARLIER STORY : County attorney drops charges against Farmington man

DOVER — A reckless conduct felony charge has been dropped against Dennis Fleming for shooting his gun while subduing a burglar in his neighborhood in Farmington.

Strafford County Attorney Tom Velardi said no other charges will be forthcoming. Velardi said that after the completion of an investigation into the case the charges would be "unjust" given the circumstances.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk