Author Topic: New Court Challenge  (Read 2733 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Court Challenge
« on: November 20, 2015, 03:09:15 PM »
There has been a court challenge brewing in NJ that has become very interesting. The plaintiffs have just moved into the public arena with it.
Nick Purpurra(sic) was turned down for a CCW (no "justifiable need') and is suing the Governor and all state officials, the courts, the state police, EVERYBODY, for violating the civil rights of the NJ citizens. They are suing via the RICO statute....racketeering... a conspiracy by state officials to deny NJ residents of their 2 nd amendment rights.

What is VERY interesting is that ALL kinds of shenanigans have been taking place between the defense and the court system, where the court clerks somehow don't get the filings to the judge, and the defense files crappy motions that are insufficient but still hold up, and all kinds of things (I'm not a lawyer but it reads well)
This group has combatted dirty trick after dirty trick. Now the time for a ruling has passed and still nothing, so they are going public. They have asked the Supervisory judge for the federal court in NJ to review the list of shenanigans and investigate the wrongdoing, and have also began press release efforts.
Here's a link to their site. It is the most hopeful series of events I have seen in a long time.
http://www.tpath.org/taking-a-new-turn.html
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 872
Re: New Court Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 08:38:12 PM »
"No justifiable need"

This phrase has always bothered me.  Read the United States Constitution!  The need is the government's need, and that is why we have a protected right to keep and bear arms.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 06:16:42 AM »
The continuing BS actually strengthens the RICO aspect as it shows a "continuing pattern of behavior".

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
Exactly Tom!  The general feeling here in the gulag is that the defendants can't figure out what to do...the case may be a dead winner and there's no way to LEGALLY fight it. They've tried all the usual tricks and some new ones from what I hear.
I just hope that the corruption gets noticed and addressed at SOME rung up the ladder. I just want to carry...I'll pay a fee, I'll qualify once in awhile if I have to.

The handwriting is on the wall...this is a brilliant twist, I think.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 05:04:18 PM »
One of the things we need to ask Republican candidates for POTUS is - "Will you direct your justice department to take both civil and criminal actions when state and local governments violate the 2nd Amendment rights of Americans?"

We basically have not had a pro-gun rights administration since Heller.  The tools are there.  Some of these cases are so blatant  that criminal charges might be possible, in spite of their governmental immunity.  This is a civil rights issue and it should be treated as such by government.  Even civil action by the federal government would likely cause many of these states to cave.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:38:38 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:10 AM »
But we need to take back our gov't first. It needs to serve the people, not the latest fad.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk