Author Topic: CCW Questions, Red Dot on Pistols  (Read 8020 times)

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CCW Questions, Red Dot on Pistols
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »
Any issues with hanging up on the draw from concealed? That's one of the things that I wonder about. Kinda like having too much crap hanging on an AR making it a liability more than an asset.
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »
I had not thought of that, and I'm curious to hear from people who actually use it.
The only issue I had thought of was holsters. You could just notch a regular holster for the sight, but that could mess up the alignment in IWB.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 01:21:20 PM »
I would consider a green laser for a handgun over a red dot.  I'd guess that the laser is as reliable as the red dot as far as being "alive" when needed.

The laser should be less subject to handling damage than the red dot because it's mounting would be on the rail under the slide or incorporated into the grip.  I have owned Guide Rod lasers and do not favor them, at least not on Glocks because it is too easy for them to be switched on while  holstering.

The laser also will not preclude "co-witnessing" with any mounting plan I've come across.

Lastly, the laser is able to accurately target without the gun being in the standard firing position.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2015, 12:48:54 AM »
So far, it hasn't been an issue with the holsters I've been "auditioning" -- Blade-Tech Eclipse, Comp-TAC (sponsor), Vedders, Dale Fricke, Bravo Concealment, SHTF...yes, my Sweetie thinks I've lost my mind buying holsters! Been using the Blade-Tech with the RMR'ed G26 through the holidays.

I'll have a better sense of it when I get past all this goddamned knee crap (probably May...starting my 14th week of rehab...replacement surgery the Monday after SHOT...think I'm getting a little frustrated? ) and start shooting USPSA Concealed a optics Division with a G19 in a carry rig.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk